Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I currently own a 451 with the rain sensing wiper feature with the puck on the windshield. With that, my car does not have the Auto headlight function. It is a pure with almost all of the possible options added. I was curios to see if anyone has tried or knows if I just replaced the stalk to one with the auto headlight function, I would have the auto headlight function. If not, I'll live. Thank you for any help regarding this question.

Regards
-RLY SMRT

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello everyone,
I currently own a 451 with the rain sensing wiper feature with the puck on the windshield. With that, my car does not have the Auto headlight function. It is a pure with almost all of the possible options added. I was curios to see if anyone has tried or knows if I just replaced the stalk to one with the auto headlight function, I would have the auto headlight function. If not, I'll live. Thank you for any help regarding this question.

Regards
-RLY SMRT
I am not sure, but a little more stuff may need to be done. Try a search on the auto-lights, I remember reading about them to see if I even had them (I have the puck), but I don't, and still live :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure, but a little more stuff may need to be done. Try a search on the auto-lights, I remember reading about them to see if I even had them (I have the puck), but I don't, and still live
I couldn't really find information on it. Maybe in the future if I see one at a junkyard I'll pull the stalk and try it. Not worth spending 60 dollars and it not working.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
When you pull one let us know. Looking at lighting wiring diagrams myself. If you're willing to run wires to your SAM, (at your own risk), I can help figure out what wires you might need....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you pull one let us know. Looking at lighting wiring diagrams myself. If you're willing to run wires to your SAM, (at your own risk), I can help figure out what wires you might need....
I definitely will. I don't plan on doing any major modifications to the car until I rack up some miles. I bought it with only 20 miles about a month ago and have 1600 on it now.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Still staring at the wiring diagrams. I decided to assemble them as they are multi-page, and that is very helpful. There is an auto lights input on the SAM 9-34. 0.75 mm (assuming mm) YERD (yellow with red stripe) from pin 1 on the combination switch. That is the only difference that I see around the switch area...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts