Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My my searching the forums it seems that there is a probability that the Electric 451 may have a different ride height as the ICE version.(might fit a taller tire?)

Reason I'm asking is that I'm running on 4 rears and I'd like to upgrade all tires to 185/60/r15 because NYC is pretty close to off roading and I need as much meat between me and the road.

But we also have a lot of speed bumps now(along with pot holes), and I figure I'll be bottoming out a lot with that "60 ratio".

The alternative being me going with 185/55r15 if indeed the Smart ED is the same height as the ICE(which sometimes rubs with the 185/60r15).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ride hight of the ED3 is the same as every other 451 smart. The only differenc is that it has got other springs in the rear because of the different weight distribution.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went with the Verinsteins Quadrawhatever its called 185/60/15 on all 4 wheels (front wheels swapped out for the larger rear wheel type). Its AMAZING, in the way it drives, takes potholes and how beautiful it looks. Looks like there is a certain angle of turning the wheel plus the proper bump you can hit on the road that will cause the tire to touch the inside wheel well plastic. Not enough to hear but enough to see the scuff mark when you look in the wheel well while the tire is off.

Side note the Verinsteins are not as wide as the BFgoodwrench counterparts. Yes the 185/60/15 are not as wide as the 175/55/15 (BFgoodrench). This was very sad for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts