Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Up for sale is the turbo system I put together.
Comparable to the SFR Stage II kit, plus alot more!

Turbo: Garrett GT2052 (Slightly smaller than the Garrett 2056s SFR uses, so you'll get into boost a little quicker).

Controller: Split Second (Installation instructions and manual included)

Exhaust: Straight pipe from the turbo (Surprisingly deep tone and not obnoxious, received many compliments), exhaust pipes ceramic coated and covered in "header wrap".

Intake: Non inter-cooled, custom air box that incorporates the external air intake, boost tube is ceramic coated and covered in heat shielding.

Additional goodies: Innovate wide-band air/fuel ratio gauge, Cool-Mist Water/Methanol system, blow off valve, stainless steel oil lines and hard lines for all boost/vacuum signals.

I've had a fun time playing around with this turbo system but I'm ready for another project.

I've daily driven my car with this system for about a year now (Common P2227 code but that doesn't compromise performance).

Time to get ready for summertime FUN and impress your friends.

I'm asking $3500 for everything, save yourself a lot of money and go play!

Best way to contact me is e-mail, I don't always get the notification emails from SCOA.

-Ian
[email protected]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm open to offers...
Worst that can happen is I say "No".

Takes about 3 hours to install without removing any body panels.

I'm keeping one Smart and the funds from this turbo system are going to pay for a car with 4 doors.

Quick, buy this system! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about $3000 (or best offer)... Plus your silicone intake tube and exhaust...

The finished engine bay all covered up...
Don't see many intake air temperatures spikes over 140 degrees Fahrenheit "IN" boost. Once out of boost temperatures drop back down to 100-110 pretty quickly.

If you live in a hotter climate than Oregon, no need to worry, that's what the water/methanol injection is for... Keep temperatures at or below 100 easily.

This is a simple system to install on a weekend for someone at home or a quick install for your mechanic (takes me about 3hrs to install).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$2750 OBO...

Any interest?

I have more pictures of the system.

There is also a boost gauge included.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have plans for a new project.

So... who wants a smokin' deal.

$2500 and I'll ship it to ya (In the US...:wink:)

I haven't had any issues with the system and I've put on about 5 thousand miles.
Just recently changed the oil to Royal Purple (Previous oil, Mobile 1, in for approximately 5k miles)

The turbo system does well on longer trips, cruising around town and even in stop/go traffic.

If you're fairly mechanically inclined, this system can be installed within a day... easily.

Not to spendy to have a shop put it in either.

I can take more pictures and happy to answer any questions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is also for sale with the turbo.
We'll see which goes first.

Good deal for someone.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The exhaust goes out the drivers side, between frame rail and wheel.
The engine bay is wide open where there would typically be a muffler.

I'm not familiar with the hitch.

I put this system together with the goal of a 2-3 hour removal/install.

And... no need to remove any body panels.

I'll take pictures during the removal so you can see how I have things routed.

Simple...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Google'd the trailer hitch.
Some looked like they mounted to the inside of the frame rail. Those would work.

The other style mounts to the outside of the frame rail. It looks like there is enough room but would need some measurements to verify.

The exhaust is ceramic coated inside and out and...has header wrap covering the whole thing.

Heat is not an issue.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The turbo system is removed and ready to ship out.

I kept one Smart Car (2013 Ice Shine Edition) and traded in the other for a car that comes stock with a turbo... :)

$2000 or best reasonable offer.

Good for 10psi of boost and approximately 115hp at the wheels.

I haven't had any issues, just the all to common P2227 Barometric pressure code.

I just removed the system and had it back to stock in 3.5hrs.

I need to pay for goodies on the new car. >:D

Email me for the quickest response.

[email protected]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just packaged everything up!

Made a little display of everything first... Come get it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold and off to Wisconsin...

Thanks Dan, hope you enjoy and turn some heads.

The added power makes these little cars soooo much fun to drive!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks Wow talking about a complete system. You Even sent the sparkplugs. Thanks again for giving me the chance to have a turbo. I would never have been able to afford otherwise.

I probably won't have a chance to put it on for a while. Going to get my header ceramic coated and wrap it too. And I am extremely busy the next couple of months. But I can't wait. To feel the power and surprise a few people.

Thanks again, Dan

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the slow response.

Those are the spark plugs I was running initially with the turbo, they work just fine.
I changed to a normal style, larger electrode spark plug and side gaped each one.
I also indexed each spark plug.

I highly suggest the spark plug upgrade if you plan on pushing the turbo system.

It's a good turbo system, built to go out and play...>:D

I still suggest getting the remaining parts ceramic coated like we talked about.

Hope you enjoy... I had a blast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.