Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’ve had my 453 for maybe 4 months now, I’ve done a few mods to it. Will add pictures later. But need a bit of advice. I wanted my exhaust to sound better. So today I went and got the box cut out, so it now comes out manifold, cat, then a sport resonator and then the tips. This sounds great below 3k revs, anything over 3k it sounds like a hairdryer. Does anyone have any advice or any recommendations to make it sound better. I can add videos or pics. But just would like to know what I can do to make it sound better.
P.s im from the uk! So will appreciate any advice or recommendations
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Jordan, if you look at Facebook's 'Smart 453 forum' and put in search 'exhausts' you will find a lot of detail of exhaust systems fitted. Plus there is a lot of talk about exhaust modifications.

Nice wheels, not seen them before. I just have the factory spec-ed Passion wheels, but I like silver alloys, had my 453 for two years now, one of the last petrol smarts off the production line, they are great wee car's, glad I got mine before they finished....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jordan, if you look at Facebook's 'Smart 453 forum' and put in search 'exhausts' you will find a lot of detail of exhaust systems fitted. Plus there is a lot of talk about exhaust modifications.

Nice wheels, not seen them before. I just have the factory spec-ed Passion wheels, but I like silver alloys, had my 453 for two years now, one of the last petrol smarts off the production line, they are great wee car's, glad I got mine before they finished....
Hi mate thank you very much! I appreciate it! Also I don’t have Facebook but maybe it’s an idea to maybe set up an account to have a little look on here! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Love the lights on the antenna.(kidding) Nice looking ride.
Ha ha :D

Interestingly, the antenna on the 453 is hidden behind the front wing of the car, at the hood. Because it is internal, its radio reception is not quite as good as the external antenna's of the previous Fortwo's. I find some radio channels dropping off in some poor reception areas while driving, and then have to switch over to my memory stick for music.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts