Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Smart car in America is a great idea but how will Smart control the greed American auto dealers seem to show whenever a new product is available. I believe that there are many of us, given the opportunity, would try to save money and help cut back on waistful use of fuel at the same time. But, most of us do NOT want to line the pockets of auto dealers who are only looking to capitalize on our positive actions regarding not only our environment but oil dependency with other foreign countries. Does Smart have a "smart plan"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure.....How do you prevent the auto dealers from price gouging? Or simply will the sky be the limit after the manufacturer's suggested retail price is posted? What is Smart's plan to prevent this or is there one? I know ticket scalping is supposed to be illegal but not selling tickets and adding a convenience charge. Is this what the public is supposed to expect?

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Sure.....How do you prevent the auto dealers from price gouging? Or simply will the sky be the limit after the manufacturer's suggested retail price is posted? What is Smart's plan to prevent this or is there one? I know ticket scalping is supposed to be illegal but not selling tickets and adding a convenience charge. Is this what the public is supposed to expect?
Okay, now I am prepared to answer for you. As you know all reservations are being handled by a company named Internet Brands. Internet Brands, formerly CarsDirect.com is fully capable of handling all the registrations as well as calling each and every registration at the time of orders and as I hear is staffed up with a great Smart Team.

At the time of orders and confirmation, Internet Brands will then deliver the lead/order to each dealerships... So at this point, they now know the first 16,000 that have ordered and the dealership that will be delivering the car to the customer.

From here, they will be able to monitor all purchases of the smart vehicle verifying that vehicles are being bought and registered to the correct owners that have been waiting via online registration with smart usa. Internet Brands will also have access to sales info and will be pulling any dealerships that go against there stated sales terms.

With this said, I am fairly confident that the sale of the smart will go fine and as said, but I am worried about the time of delivery as I do not want to wait until July to get my car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts