Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had a 2005 Passion for more than a year. I bought it from the only available dealer in the state. It was an immigrant which was translated to English standards before it got here. And judging from the service manual/handbook that came with it, I think it was originally from the Netherlands.

Aside from a minor problem with the diagnostic computer sensor (which has been cheerfully fixed by my dealer), I am happy. So far, the only thing I am unhappy about is that the "new car" smell is gone.

I am praying this car will take hold in the U.S. I bought mine from the first dealer available here in the state that was selling them. Unfortuantely, the dealership is 60-plus miles from home and I really don't like the idea of having to drive it that far for service. I am waiting for more Smart dealers and repair options so I can rest secured in some sort of "Smartcar safety net."

I guess my biggest fear besides an all-out nuclear war in the Middle East is a flat tire on my Smartcar....

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have had a 2005 Passion for more than a year....
I guess my biggest fear besides an all-out nuclear war in the Middle East is a flat tire on my Smartcar....
Welcome to the forum. For the fear of flats, run down to your local car parts store and buy a 12v air pump and green slime to seal the flats. Mercedes makes a kit, but it's incredibly expensive. Hopefully just having it in the car will keep you from having flats. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
29,250 Posts
This dealer thing is a crap shoot for all of us. Right now it looks as if Columbus, OH will be our closest dealer - 60+ mile drive. Not realistic if you need to buy a small part or, even worse, if the car is out of action and needs warranty repairs. Is smart going to pay for a 60 mile recovery?

More to come but this will be an adventure. :)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
About this warranty period.....

Penske has been talking about a road side assistance plan using his rental truck network. Don't know if it will be extra cost or included with the 2/24 warranty.
Is this 2yr, 24,000 mile stuff cast in concrete or was that just something thrown out just to have a starting point to see the public reaction?
I guess once we all go and sign on the line at the dealership is when we will know for certain what the real warranty period is, Huh?
My local dealership is going forward renovating their new Smart Center so I would guess that at least they know they will be the area dealer. :confused:

Still some ambiguities surrounding this marketing effort isn't there?
I hate to wish time away but I just wish January/Feb would get here.:D
The suspense is killing me......:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts