Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
it doesn't list a top speed, or if it is only rated for residential (under 35 mph) roads. or even a price. not enough information.... does look nice....

Found a dealer in Florida with one at a price of $20K probably a special edition but still kind of spendy

·
17,350 Posts
There's one scary fact though: They have engines from Chery (China).

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

It's that picture that has me wondering how this nameplate deal is working out. Even I thought that the front end looked way too much like an H2 to be coincidental - even with intended street-Hummer-traditional-styling that GM invented.

That Government Motors logo in the upper right corner means what? That GM is still finding a way to make the Hummer nameplate profitable for them?

Once they get an idea in their head, they simply can't let it die. The Monte Carlo has been canceled and re-introduced 3 times now, typically to make way for the almighty Camaro :rolleyes:... They just don't know how to stop badge-engineering... They yet again got their way; bringing the Holden, I mean, Pontiac G8 back to life in America as a Chevy... They finally got their way in a European-American brand in Buick...

The madness must stop. Let bad ideas die, and let's do something original. Is it necessary for GM to cling to the hope that people other than the Governator still want Hummers? Give it up like Chrysler gave up Barracuda - Oh wait, they got that back too... :huh:

[/rantandraveaboutamericancarcompanies]

·
17,350 Posts
Something tells me they just bought licensing to use Hummer's image, like what model car companies do. :)

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smart Powered?

It's that picture that has me wondering how this nameplate deal is working out. Even I thought that the front end looked way too much like an H2 to be coincidental - even with intended street-Hummer-traditional-styling that GM invented.

That Government Motors logo in the upper right corner means what? That GM is still finding a way to make the Hummer nameplate profitable for them?

Once they get an idea in their head, they simply can't let it die. The Monte Carlo has been canceled and re-introduced 3 times now, typically to make way for the almighty Camaro :rolleyes:... They just don't know how to stop badge-engineering... They yet again got their way; bringing the Holden, I mean, Pontiac G8 back to life in America as a Chevy... They finally got their way in a European-American brand in Buick...

The madness must stop. Let bad ideas die, and let's do something original. Is it necessary for GM to cling to the hope that people other than the Governator still want Hummers? Give it up like Chrysler gave up Barracuda - Oh wait, they got that back too... :huh:

[/rantandraveaboutamericancarcompanies]
I think it could be cool if it was Smart Fortwo powered. IMO, it would make it a Hummer with really good MPG. >:D

:nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts