Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The device from Smart Madness will add just about the same amount of hp and torque. Of course it won't change ratios or shift patterns of the transmission. Looks like a person could modify their standard 453 with the Smart Madness module and tire/suspension mods as well as other accessories to achieve their own version of a Brabus Coupe.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
0-100 km/h in 9.5 compares very unfavourably with the old 451 BRABUS, which officially did it in 8.9 seconds. That extra mass is taking a toll, or something is amiss...

At least the top speed of 165 km/h is reasonable.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Maybe the manual is a free option....but I doubt it. The manual would probably be closer to the 451 BRABUS in acceleration, maybe even.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I wonder why the current thinking is to not bring these guys to North America. They really are exciting and I can see that it would open more doors to folks interested in the brand.
Even the Fourfour looks good and those rims are terrific looking as well.
Perhaps the real issue is being able to manufacture all of those variants to satisfy the demand.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. To be honest, if I wanted a "sports car" I certainly wouldn't be looking at a smart. I love my new smart car as much as I did the previous one. Maybe even more so. Nice seats though. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know, this is one of the great mysteries of the world. For me it runs alongside the decision to make the top of the range infotainment centre software, only properly compatible with (in my opinion) the "second" most popular phone system in the world. Android :shrug:

Take no notice of me, I just use a little known device called an iPhone. :D

The debate will run and run....Not looking to get flamed here by the way :eek:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts