Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smart USA took delivery of the first BRABUS Sport Package car today for testing, a 2017 prime cabrio! I'm probably biased, but this thing is a ton of fun! The suspension tuning makes a dramatic difference in the ride of the car, and as a side affect, makes steering feel a lot firmer and removes a good amount of bucking with the manual transmission, making the gearbox feel extra crisp (even though it's had no changes).

If you have questions about the package, shoot them my way here!

For those new to the 2017 BRABUS Sport Package, it includes:

• 16" front / 17" rear BRABUS Monoblock IX Wheels in matte grey
  • Yokohama Performance Tires
  • Front spoiler in body color
  • Rear fascia in body color with matte grey diffusor
  • BRABUS Sport Suspension (new anti-roll bar, damping system) lowered 10 mm
  • BRABUS leather steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake lever, all w/ contrast stitching
  • Stainless Steel Pedals
  • Paddle Shifters (if equipped with twinamic DCT)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Sweet Baby Jesus. What a beautiful combo!

How's the cowl shake on rough roads? How noisy it is it at freeway speeds compared to the Coupe?

Are those summer tires or all season? Which Yokos?

Let's hear the exhaust sound…

Thanks, Keith.

·
Registered
253 Posts
smart USA took delivery of the first BRABUS Sport Package car today for testing, a 2017 prime cabrio! I'm probably biased, but this thing is a ton of fun! The suspension tuning makes a dramatic difference in the ride of the car, and as a side affect, makes steering feel a lot firmer and removes a good amount of bucking with the manual transmission, making the gearbox feel extra crisp (even though it's had no changes).

If you have questions about the package, shoot them my way here!

For those new to the 2017 BRABUS Sport Package, it includes:

• 16" front / 17" rear BRABUS Monoblock IX Wheels in matte grey
  • Yokohama Performance Tires
  • Front spoiler in body color
  • Rear fascia in body color with matte grey diffusor
  • BRABUS Sport Suspension (new anti-roll bar, damping system) lowered 10 mm
  • BRABUS leather steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake lever, all w/ contrast stitching
  • Stainless Steel Pedals
  • Paddle Shifters (if equipped with twinamic DCT)
Keith, Any update on the configurator??

·
Registered
237 Posts
How noisy it is it at freeway speeds compared to the Coupe?
Here's a video review that demonstrates the 2017 453 Brabus on the Autobahn. Start around 23:20. Then he reaches 120 kmh around 24:20 and comments on the noise.

You might've been asking about the Cabrio's wind noise comparison with the top closed to the Coupe. Good question. Around 32:20 he starts to test drive the cabrio with the top up. Around 33:00 to 33:38 the driver addresses this and suggests the ku-pay (Coupe) model over the Cabrio if noise is a major consideration.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Keith, Any update on the configurator??
X2

I saw they updated the website with a "coming soon" banner but havent changed the configurator to include 2017 colors yet. :(

Also, where is the Brabus exhaust?? Split tips?? Rear valance looks odd without the tips.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,768 Posts
Also, where is the Brabus exhaust?? Split tips?? Rear valance looks odd without the tips.
See smartAPM post (and options as listed by Keith) for stateside pix - appears that B'bus Sport Package will not include dual exhaust tips?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I don't see the Brabus Sport exhaust or the Brabus badging that I see in the photos of the Euro Brabus version. Will the US version receive these items?

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,571 Posts
Does anyone have the width of the wheels, front and rear? Since the four door has 17's all around, an upgrade should be possible.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Always thought those wheels looked like crap for "brabus" stuff ... and also found that they looked a lot like the IQ's optional wheels ... lol

1 - 20 of 81 Posts