Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for posting the brochure. I printed it out in color and got a nice binding for it so I have a smart brochure!! I had been carrying around one I got at a dealership in Paris which is about the same except for the French! Now I know what it says!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks for posting the brochure. I printed it out in color and got a nice binding for it so I have a smart brochure!! I had been carrying around one I got at a dealership in Paris which is about the same except for the French! Now I know what it says!!
I created a binder for my new Jeep when I purchased it and I think I will make one for hte Smart as well. I can start with my Confirmation letter and this brochure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I understand that this is the "Canadian" version of the brochure but are the specs different on the USA smart car? I read through the whole thing and it sounds just like the infomation that I have on the USA car. Maybe I am wrong, if so, what are the differences?
One other question, is the "451" the US model? Can I start buying mats and stuff or should I wait?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
SmartA, The 451 is the new smart model for everywhere, not just the US. You can start buying accessories now if you want, but why not wait until the car is released here so you can get the factory accessories from your dealer, and US aftermarket suppliers can get into the smart car business.
The CDN smart has slightly different items listed as standard for each model smart, i.e. heated seats being standard on the passion. Also, the gauges are all in metric. The specs listed in the CDN brochure are, naturally, done in metric as well. Other than those few differences, CDN and US smarts are the same car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I notice a lot of parts to make your car a Brabus "look" edition. No prices yet, but interesting. I wonder if anyone has a picture of an 08 Brabus????

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
ClassicSmarts

Be sure to show your sales staff the "collectible items"

I prefer the Smart car miniatures in my "goodie bag" when I pick up the new Smart car...hint hint

I don't wear ball caps anymore.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Heated Seats - Passion

The brochure lists heated seats as standard equipment on the passion. Is it true? I thought that they were an option at additional cost?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info

Thank you!! Most of the people here in FL are excited to get the smarts but are wanting to know more this will help thank you. Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a week or two and just signed on. I was a little disappointed to see that a couple of things are standard on the Canadian version that we can only get as options, that is, the radio upgrade, heated seats, etc. I sprang for the radio only. For the life of me I can't imagine needing power steering on a Smart.
By the way, I'm learning a lot, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a week or two and just signed on. I was a little disappointed to see that a couple of things are standard on the Canadian version that we can only get as options, that is, the radio upgrade, heated seats, etc. I sprang for the radio only. For the life of me I can't imagine needing power steering on a Smart.
By the way, I'm learning a lot, keep up the good work.
I am quite happy that I don't have to pay for heated seats. Don't forget just because they are standard equipment in Canada that doesn't mean you aren't paying for them as the standard price for our friends up north is higher than here in the states. As a Texan I don't find I would have much use for heated seats most of the time (now if they could come up with cool seats...).
I agree it would seem that power steering would be a bit wasted on a Smart. I know my Honda del Sol did not have it and it wasn't missed at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts