Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way that a person can develop a “build sheet” for your Smart Foryou?
I know at Chrysler, I could take my VIN into a dealership and the parts person could enter it and out comes a several page listing of every item that was installed as far as options and standard items. Stereo type, abs brakes, tinted glass, etc. Does Smart have that capability? I know I could look at the car and sort of figure it out, but my “new to me” Smart is in the Carolinas and I’m in Michigan currently.
It’s also helpful when you need to order parts.
Just wondering....
Larry in East China Mi.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I notice that Carvana seems to be able to provide a copy of the original window invoice for the smarts that it sells, which lists the various options that the car was equipped with. Not sure how they manage. Could always ask them. Guessing someone has the info.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is there any way that a person can develop a “build sheet” for your Smart Foryou?
I know at Chrysler, I could take my VIN into a dealership and the parts person could enter it and out comes a several page listing of every item that was installed as far as options and standard items. Stereo type, abs brakes, tinted glass, etc. Does Smart have that capability? I know I could look at the car and sort of figure it out, but my “new to me” Smart is in the Carolinas and I’m in Michigan currently.
It’s also helpful when you need to order parts.
Just wondering....
Larry in East China Mi.
Does this do what you want?

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can do a Google Search for a web sight that can provide you with a copy of the window sticker. I have seen reference to this website on either Challenger.com or ChallengerForumz. Also, the dealer should be able to provide you with a copy of a document called, "Warranty Unit Inquiry". It shows the build date and shipping date for your car. I got one for each of my smart cars from the service writer. He pulled it up on his computer. You will need to provide a VIN.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you ALL for the sites for de-coding my VIN!! They worked fine!
I just have to find that site where you can print your Monrony sticker. (Window sticker)
Thanks again,
Larry in East China Mi.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob Ricewasser,
Thanks for the info. I don’t think there’s a Smart dealership anywhere in Southeast Michigan. I was able to garner the “build sheets” through two separate sites that the guys posted for me.
Thank You again for your help!
Larry in East China Mi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts