Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks,

I rented a 2006 Smart Car in Toronto last year for a weekend and absolutely loved it.

The seats in the 2006 are only able to recline a few inches. I was told that this was due to safety reasons.

Does anybody know if the 2008 Smarts have seats that will allow the occupants to recline a lot further back? Such a feature would be great for sleeping during long distance trips....

Smart Car trivia...Did you know that-

The hole in the back of the 2006 seats allows for "ventilation?" (I guess drivers got very sweaty)

The new 2008 Smarts have roofs that allow NO untraviolet radiation to enter? (The 2005/6 models only block 85% of UV rays)

I am currently in Austria and there are Smarts (both older models and the new 2008) everywhere.

They are even used as Police Cars - although it is hard to take them seriously - even with the words "Polizei" and the flashing blue lights on top.

Cheers!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Folks,

The seats in the 2006 are only able to recline a few inches. I was told that this was due to safety reasons.

Does anybody know if the 2008 Smarts have seats that will allow the occupants to recline a lot further back? . . .
Who's going to make the first joke? Whoever has read the "Nap" thread knows what I mean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts