Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so like 7 or so months ago i asked for assistance on this matter and i didnt know what to do (still kinda dont but now i have better information.....hopefully

so today i went out and bought a new battery (expensive little thing). when we tried to start the car nothing happened just 3 lines of death and nothing else. so we get our little machine we have to check error codes and this time 2 codes appeared P0886 and P0707. whats funny about that is we cleared the codes off and redid them and then no codes appeared so im more confused on that. The car is also parked on or driveway thats a hill so working on it doesnt really go so good. it seems to not wanna shift any gears right now it did when i installed the new battery but now it wont budge. I think the parking break is fine but other than that i would like more advice and thanks in advance. i also read up somewhere that sometimes installing a new windshield may cause problems? not sure if thats true but we did have a new windshield installed.

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
OK, you can try this to unlock the shifter:
Not the best video:
Video shows the yellow lever mentioned (but never shown) in the first video: (at 1:09)

Lift up that yellow lever and you should be able to move the shifter out of Park. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, you can try this to unlock the shifter:
Not the best video:
Video shows the yellow lever mentioned (but never shown) in the first video: (at 1:09)

Lift up that yellow lever and you should be able to move the shifter out of Park. :)
Well now the dash isn’t showing anything at all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so new plan! tomorrow after work im gonna go get my battery testing to see if it is dead (was bought a couple months ago but car hasn't been running) and if its dead gonna try charging it up then take the battery back to the car and see if the dash shows and if it does then im gonna try to reteach it and if that doesn't work then i don't know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts