Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
from the Sears link:

"Sorry!

We could not find any products of this type that fit your vehicle: 2012 Smart Fortwo Pure. Please clear your vehicle selection to see all products, or select another vehicle to search again."

lists two for a 2008-2011.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from the Sears link:

"Sorry!

We could not find any products of this type that fit your vehicle: 2012 Smart Fortwo Pure. Please clear your vehicle selection to see all products, or select another vehicle to search again."

lists two for a 2008-2011.
Most likely the same batteries will work on any year smarts. I'd check with Sears.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the links - we have a 2008 Smart Cabrio & will be replacing original battery, any feedback on the Sears diehard battery? We've always bought Sears for all our other cars & had good luck with them. Wow...I can't believe the prices!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
NAPA offerings, YMMV . . .

Battery - NAPA Legend International 75 Month Part Number: BAT 7547
Product Line: NAPA Batteries
IMPORTANT INFO: Battery Gasses May Need To Be Vented to Outside,OE Exact Fit Replacement,18 Month Free Replacement Warranty,600 CCA,47 BCI Group Size...
$119.00 /ea (Does not include $15.00 core price)

Battery - NAPA Battery 84 Month Part Number: BAT 8447
IMPORTANT INFO: Battery Gasses May Need To Be Vented to Outside,24 Month Free Replacement Warranty,600 CCA,47 BCI Group Size...
$179.00 /ea (Does not include $15.00 core price)

Battery - NAPA Legend 75 Month Part Number: BAT 9847
IMPORTANT INFO: Battery Gasses May Need To Be Vented to Outside,Flat Plate AGM,18 Month Free Replacement Warranty,600 CCA,47 BCI Group Size.....
$169.00 /ea (Does not include $15.00 core price)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is there one battery that seems to stand out? One battery that everyone seems to recommend or is considered better than the rest?

·
Super Moderator
28,250 Posts
I believe people over think the question. My approach is buy the cheapest battery that fits and meets the car's needs; if it fails, hopefully it will be within the prorated period. Batteries are pretty much batteries, and they all fail at some point. :)

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The smart batteries are vented to the inside. That's why there so $$$$$. Our OEM battery, gave us up to 5.5 years of service. New are design now to handle the newer electronic in a modern car.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Thanks for the links - we have a 2008 Smart Cabrio & will be replacing original battery, any feedback on the Sears diehard battery? We've always bought Sears for all our other cars & had good luck with them. Wow...I can't believe the prices!

Whoa partner...
About 4 weeks ago I bought a replacement battery at the local Walmart for $99.xx plus a $9 core charge added.
I didn't need the battery yet, but I felt for a 2008 it was time to just replace it.
It wasn't installed yet, but having it already in my possession gave me a certain comfort level.
Then my yellow engine light came on and as we all know in a smart it can be a serious issue at times.
So I finally took out the old battery which was considerably shorter than the replacement and reconnected the cables and venting tube.
After going through some strange quirks for a minute, the car behaved perfectly normal again and the yellow light went out too.
The price was right and Walmart is located all over the country. That was my reasoning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone found an AGM battery they like for the 2009 Smart?

Sorry...when I posted the question I did not realize there were 2 pages of posts...but the link for the AGM battery from NCC1701 did not work for me. When I click on it I get a "Blank" screen message.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go to Sears site & pull up your year & model of Smart - it should bring up the battery you are looking for - the link that NCC1701 posted works for me.

DieHard Advanced Gold AGM Battery - Group Size 47 (Price with Exchange)
Sears Item# 02850747000 | Model# 50747
$156.74

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I replaced my 2008 Smart original battery with the identified Sears replacement. Six moths later the Sears battery died and I had the car jumped and back to Sears. The tech could not find anything wrong with the electrical system or the battery but replaced it with a new die hard. Six months later it died again, this time I had the car towed to Mercedes and they said that the Mercedes Smart battery was significantly different than any other saying that it is designed to take a "quick charge" driving only ten miles each way to work. Guess what? Just about a month later my car will not start. Going back to the Mercedes dealership where I purchased the car new, will demand an entire evaluation, comment that they threw away a perfectly good die hard and how will they compensate me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts