Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,302 Posts
Thanks for highlighting this. Anyone heard any more about it? It might create good competition with the Europeans regarding spare parts.
The smart that will be built in China from 2022 onward will be nothing like the previous versions, so I doubt there will be any parts commonality. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
The smart that will be built in China from 2022 onward will be nothing like the previous versions, so I doubt there will be any parts commonality. :)
That is not the most helpful news that we could have heard...
Will they be supplying parts for the existing cars; or are we left with whatever has already been built?

·
Super Moderator
28,302 Posts
That is not the most helpful news that we could have heard...
Will they be supplying parts for the existing cars; or are we left with whatever has already been built?
That's a good question and only Daimler/Geely know the answer. Mercedes "should" have sufficient spares for the 451/453...... Geely in China has no connection to the earlier smart models, so no obligation to supply spare parts for them either. :)

·
I'll figger this car out
222 Posts
That's a good question and only Daimler/Geely know the answer. Mercedes "should" have sufficient spares for the 451/453...... Geely in China has no connection to the earlier smart models, so no obligation to supply spare parts for them either. :)
Knowing how Mercedes has changed the last several years (so has Daimler) I'm not sure that the smart division of Daimler has a plan for stuff like that.

The 450 stocks are no longer required.
I'm sending a note soon to Daimler to get a build ticket for the vehicle, since my requests for assistance in this vein hasn't gotten anywhere on the forum. Maybe the guys at the Classics Center can help; if not, smart HQ may help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure there will be adequate parts supply for the foreseeable future, but ultimately the little Smart will go the way of vintage cars... parts from used cars. Fortunately, that's a while from now.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Availability of vehicle software, will be the only main issue. With these cars. That goes for any modern car of today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts