Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
I'll figger this car out
264 Posts
Merecedes are one of the best manufacturers for parts supply, going far in excess of the legal requirements in European countries. If you're filthy rich and a bit daft, Mercedesd can still sell you most of the parts necessary to build a Pagoda SL from the 60s, including body panels and trim parts. It ain't cheap though.

Things may be different your side of the pond. The average US motorist thinks our tiny cars are a joke, and the importer took a woefully poor level of interest in the Smart product, so your parts supply situation going forward may be different. Over here though, provided you're willing to pay we'll be able to get new parts for the next half century at least, and used parts supply is massive.

I have as a favour sent parts to Canada for a smart owner, and it didn't work out prohibitively expensive. Perhaps I should start a sideline in supplying Smart parts to US owners?
Chopper,
Depending on what you are willing to send, I'll be happy to be your first customer and include American cigrettes as a bonus!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Perhaps I should start a sideline in supplying Smart parts to US owners?
I have two 450s - keeping the sunroof one stock, modding the other to surpass the 'Brabus 1st Edition' 450.

One odd part that the sunroof 'grandstyle' one has was the license plate mount(s).
It's to allow the US/Canadian license plate to be mounted in the depression in the tailgate designed for the narrow European license plate.

Must be a 450 in the Canadian yards that has it...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Chopper,
Depending on what you are willing to send, I'll be happy to be your first customer and include American cigrettes as a bonus!!
My most recent one was a rather lovely poly bush front engine mount insert. I bought it, repackaged and then sent it to Canada for what worked out to be a very reasonable price. I didn't make a profit (well I rounded it up to the nearest pound so I actually made about 35 pence profit :LOL: ) Large or heavy items will, of course, cost a helluva lot more to send, although I guess that if an item simply isn't available on your side of the pond folk would have no choice but to pay for such shipping costs.

You know, if I had the skills I'd build a website and set up a formal supply chain to the North American Continent.

·
I'll figger this car out
264 Posts
My most recent one was a rather lovely poly bush front engine mount insert. I bought it, repackaged and then sent it to Canada for what worked out to be a very reasonable price. I didn't make a profit (well I rounded it up to the nearest pound so I actually made about 35 pence profit :LOL: ) Large or heavy items will, of course, cost a helluva lot more to send, although I guess that if an item simply isn't available on your side of the pond folk would have no choice but to pay for such shipping costs.

You know, if I had the skills I'd build a website and set up a formal supply chain to the North American Continent.
If you do, this will be lucrative for you

21 - 28 of 28 Posts