Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are receiving a new shipment of Borla smart car exhausts in the next couple of days and would like to offer the SCOA members a little extra promo on these units.

If you are interested in purchasing a Borla smart car Exhaust for your smart we have two options available:

smart car Performance Exhaust by Borla Performance - Dual Center Rear Exit

smart car Performance Exhaust by Borla - Single Split Dual Exit

As always we guarantee to have the product in stock (we are the only company in the North America that stocks the Borla exhaust line) and offer it at the lowest price. In addition to our low price we will offer all SCOA members an addition $50 off if you order either one of the Borla models prior to the end of July 2010.

If you are interested in taking advantage of this promo please do not order order them through our site and PM me instead. I will contact you back and process the order. The units are in stock (with more on the way), so we will ship out within 48 hours of your order.

Thank you again for your support.

Boris

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks for the quick reply... one more thing - the back skirt needs to be cut (or replaced) for center one, while the dual fits under existing 451's skirt, right?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased a center outlet Borla system from the guys at Smart Madness back in Dec 09 and installed it on my 09 Pure when the car had about 800 mi on it. I did have to cut my rear valence. (It was simple, it took me about 20 min to do.) The system came with a template to make the job easy. I used a Dremel tool but, a fine blade hand coping saw used for woodworking would do a nice job as well. I had access to a drive-on lift so the whole install took me about an hour and a half to do start to finish.

After 7 months and 4000 mi later... (Car has 4800 mi on it now) Here is what I can tell you... I personally love the Borla exhaust! The system has been flawless! No cracked welds or fit/finish issues at all... This is a quality piece!

Performance....The car was much more responsive with the Borla system as opposed to the factory unit. Bottom end torque felt a bit stronger and the mid range and top end responsiveness was greatly improved.

Noise/Harshness.... I happen like the loud throaty exhaust note that all Borla systems are known for. Sadly, IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!! If you do not like the sound of an exhaust drone on the highway at 65-70 mph and you do not want to hear the car work (upshift/downshift) through the gears you will probably not be happy with the Borla... This system is loud off idle and will get you noticed if you put your foot in it hard pulling away from a stoplight. The exhaust drone on the highway can be harsh at times... Truth is... The Borla "IS" a performance oriented exhaust system and it sounds like one.

If you want a quieter exhaust system. I would recomend a Solo or a Remus. The Remus center outlet does not require you to cut the rear valence, it's about the same price as the Borla and the quality is excellent! The Solo is also a very nice unit, a little less expensive and has a quieter exhaust note than the Borla.

I hope this helps all you folks out there considering a Borla system for your smart. As always, Boris and the crew at Smart Madness are always helpful and can help you select the system that is right for you.

Jim :)

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased a center outlet Borla system from the guys at Smart Madness back in Dec 09 and installed it on my 09 Pure when the car had about 800 mi on it. I did have to cut my rear valence. (It was simple, it took me about 20 min to do.) The system came with a template to make the job easy. I used a Dremel tool but, a fine blade hand coping saw used for woodworking would do a nice job as well. I had access to a drive-on lift so the whole install took me about an hour and a half to do start to finish.

After 7 months and 4000 mi later... (Car has 4800 mi on it now) Here is what I can tell you... I personally love the Borla exhaust! The system has been flawless! No cracked welds or fit/finish issues at all... This is a quality piece!

Performance....The car was much more responsive with the Borla system as opposed to the factory unit. Bottom end torque felt a bit stronger and the mid range and top end responsiveness was greatly improved.

Noise/Harshness.... I happen like the loud throaty exhaust note that all Borla systems are known for. Sadly, IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!! If you do not like the sound of an exhaust drone on the highway at 65-70 mph and you do not want to hear the car work (upshift/downshift) through the gears you will probably not be happy with the Borla... This system is loud off idle and will get you noticed if you put your foot in it hard pulling away from a stoplight. The exhaust drone on the highway can be harsh at times... Truth is... The Borla "IS" a performance oriented exhaust system and it sounds like one.

If you want a quieter exhaust system. I would recomend a Solo or a Remus. The Remus center outlet does not require you to cut the rear valence, it's about the same price as the Borla and the quality is excellent! The Solo is also a very nice unit, a little less expensive and has a quieter exhaust note than the Borla.

I hope this helps all you folks out there considering a Borla system for your smart. As always, Boris and the crew at Smart Madness are always helpful and can help you select the system that is right for you.

Jim :)
Thank you Jim for that honest and thorough review!

Glad you like your Borla Exhaust System.

·
17,440 Posts
Borlas sound quite nice while not being obnoxious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks - i saw some of those on youtube but at least one is a prototype and the final could be totally different

do you have the borla system?

was hoping for a drive by and maybe a drive away at full throttle and just some overall user opinions.

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks - i saw some of those on youtube but at least one is a prototype and the final could be totally different

do you have the borla system?

was hoping for a drive by and maybe a drive away at full throttle and just some overall user opinions.
Todd,

We have the systems (2), we have installed them on cars, but we do not have one on our own. Unfortunately we do not have a drive by or a drive away video. Sorry about that.

The Borla has a throaty pronounced sound. If that is what you want then this is one of the options. If you want something less throaty then I would recommend a Remus unit.

The other option is wait about a week for the new SILA Concepts unit that we have been testing and are about to introduce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts