Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add that great looking Carbon Fiber Touch to your smart with this Limited Edition Carbon Fiber Interior Kit by BRABUS.

The BRABUS Interior Carbon Fiber Look Trim Kit instantly updates and freshens up the interior of your 451 model smart fortwo leaving it with an exclusive and sporty feel.

smart car Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit by BRABUS Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us via PM or call us at 888-883-7552 or 562-981-6800!

·
17,344 Posts
$600 Carbon Fiber look, YIKES!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think what hurts most is that it's a Carbon Fibre Look Trim.

The cost might be justifiable if it were real carbon fibre, but we're talking about plastic pieces with Carbon Fibre painted on them.

You can do this yourself with a film for under $100 or go to CarID and get an entire pre-made dash/exterior kit (which feature real materials) for $80-$250

2012 Smart Car Fortwo Dash Kits

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. Ouch!

It is however a Genuine EU BRABUS Set and yes, it is pricey. We only imported a few due to the high cost and once they are gone, they are gone. It is not a kit for everyone. They are mostly for folks that have a BRABUS and want all the Genuine EU only accessories for their car.

You can do some domed CF like decals from other vendors for much less, but they are nothing alike. We have seen both on cars and the difference is night and day. These are really nice and cannot be compared. Night and day difference.

We also have other interior dress up options if this is a bit too high for some. It is understandable that this is more of an exclusive, limited volume part. For that BRABUS charges a premium. All we do is find them, take the gamble and make the investment, make it available to you folks and then go from there. Some items sell and we make a profit, some do not and we take a loss.

As long as the plus column looks better then the minus column we keep the doors open. LOL!

So far we have found a balance between the two and are doing our best to be here for everyone for the long run.

Have a great weekend everyone and as always thank you for your continues support.

Boris

·
17,344 Posts
Can't argue with that assessment Boris. What you guys do for the smart community should be award winning (if it isn't already). :wink:

We all know how awfully expensive smart parts are, especially genuine EU spec ones!!! :eek:

FWIW - Your dash pods are priced well below what my dealer wanted to charge, hence why I bought from you! :)

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't argue with that assessment Boris. What you guys do for the smart community should be award winning (if it isn't already). :wink:

We all know how awfully expensive smart parts are, especially genuine EU spec ones!!! :eek:

FWIW - Your dash pods are priced well below what my dealer wanted to charge, hence why I bought from you! :)
We appreciate the kind words and we are glad that you are happy with your purchase! If you have time, send us some photos. We would love to see them on your smart!

Again, we do have other options and please don't hesitate to contact us. If you find anything that we offer at a lower price elsewhere, let us know and we will price match that item. Lowest price guaranteed!

Again, thank you for the continued support!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yup. Ouch!

It is however a Genuine EU BRABUS Set and yes, it is pricey. We only imported a few due to the high cost and once they are gone, they are gone. It is not a kit for everyone. They are mostly for folks that have a BRABUS and want all the Genuine EU only accessories for their car.

You can do some domed CF like decals from other vendors for much less, but they are nothing alike. We have seen both on cars and the difference is night and day. These are really nice and cannot be compared. Night and day difference.

We also have other interior dress up options if this is a bit too high for some. It is understandable that this is more of an exclusive, limited volume part. For that BRABUS charges a premium. All we do is find them, take the gamble and make the investment, make it available to you folks and then go from there. Some items sell and we make a profit, some do not and we take a loss.

As long as the plus column looks better then the minus column we keep the doors open. LOL!

So far we have found a balance between the two and are doing our best to be here for everyone for the long run.

Have a great weekend everyone and as always thank you for your continues support.

Boris
Do you have the Brabus illuminated door sills?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I think what hurts most is that it's a Carbon Fibre Look Trim.
It's BRABUS CF-look trim...

The cost might be justifiable if it were real carbon fibre, but we're talking about plastic pieces with Carbon Fibre painted on them.
Except that if the kit were real carbon fiber, it would cost far more than $600, and this is the European Brabus stuff, which looks far, far better than what you're thinking of.

You can do this yourself with a film for under $100 or go to CarID and get an entire pre-made dash/exterior kit (which feature real materials) for $80-$250
And it'll look like a$$; like most all fake CF, and totally unlike the Brabus parts, which strongly resemble real carbon fiber.

Just sayin'....

·
17,344 Posts
All points very true. I guess I'm just shocked at the number of zeros required to purchase those pieces compared to what other smart stuffs you can buy for the same cost. *Shrug*

But, that's the nature of low volume boutiques like Brabus, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to me. :)

At least it isn't made by Carlsson, because then it would most definitely skyrocket past the $1k mark! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts