Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, I currently on 5 smart cars and I looking to start a club here in Houston. I also create a smart club in facebook called SMART CARS U.S. and you all welcome to visit it and join it. Please, e-mail me if you are interest in joining smart car here in Houston .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi-just bought a 2005, 450, and need an additional key/transponder made...any ideas who does this WITHOUT having to take out the SAM and relinquish the key, sending it all off across the country for a week? Smart Dealers don't won't make one....

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Hi-just bought a 2005, 450, and need an additional key/transponder made...any ideas who does this WITHOUT having to take out the SAM and relinquish the key, sending it all off across the country for a week? Smart Dealers don't won't make one....
You may try S.O.S. Diagnostics a Sponsoring Vendor listed in the Directory at bottom left?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks JPaul-they are the co. that I was referring to....we are not comfortable doing that....I've read other posts and not everyone had a good result from taking out their SAM and sending it and their ONLY key off in the mail....there has got to be a more sensible solution ....it should not take an act of congress to get another key made....

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys i just got my smartie and i live in Houston. 09 passion blue and black tirdon cell. looking forward to meeting yall in the future.

·
Registered
436 Posts
hi guys i just got my smartie and i live in Houston. 09 passion blue and black tirdon cell. looking forward to meeting yall in the future.
Welcome aboard a great group of guys and gals.

Join the Houston Club, and meet some of them up close and personal. When the calendar, my health, and the distance to an event permit I join them from College Station. The club has a great sparkplug, Jan in West U. She will be attending the smart Nationals at Denver in June, as will I. After you take the next couple of months breaking in your smart you might also consider making the Nationals. Jan is looking for more caravaners.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome aboard a great group of guys and gals.

Join the Houston Club, and meet some of them up close and personal. When the calendar, my health, and the distance to an event permit I join them from College Station. The club has a great sparkplug, Jan in West U. She will be attending the smart Nationals at Denver in June, as will I. After you take the next couple of months breaking in your smart you might also consider making the Nationals. Jan is looking for more caravaners.

Jim
well my smartie is already broken in with 21k on the clock. i am buying from my parents. 150 a month for 6 years aint bad. and if i can request off work ill go to nationals.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks JPaul-they are the co. that I was referring to....we are not comfortable doing that....I've read other posts and not everyone had a good result from taking out their SAM and sending it and their ONLY key off in the mail....there has got to be a more sensible solution ....it should not take an act of congress to get another key made....
Sounds like a road trip is in your future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does any one have an idea why my left front signal light will not work. No power to bulb ,ground is good, no signal coming out of box under dash. Hot wired from flashing signal in box & it turned out to be rear signal but when hooked to front it became the same as rear brake lights. foot on brake left front illuminate or if turning right with signal and brake applied it would just come on. Don't know if should just find other wire and make it the same as rear with front brake lights ( LOL ) This is my daughters car but I am the go to guy for her autos as she can not afford the dealer ship rates. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello friends, I currently on 5 smart cars and I looking to start a club here in Houston. I also create a smart club in facebook called SMART CARS U.S. and you all welcome to visit it and join it. Please, e-mail me if you are interest in joining smart car here in Houston .
I have a smart club on facebook and here.

BOTH are called Houston smart car Club. Google them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Free filters

Hello Smart car owners. I used to work on Smart cars at the dealer. Opened up my own shop now but only work on Benz/bimmers. I have some oil/air/cabin filters for smarties that have been sitting around for a while. I have 3 of each. If you like to stop by I will give 3 people one of each filter. I'm located on the SW side of town. email me at htowncreeper at yahoo Thanks

Marvin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts