Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D Smart Car deal of the day!

Here's a good opportunity for a forum member to purchase a low mileage 2013 Passion with leather & low miles for under $10,000...heck...this is less than most want for their 2012 models!

FYI...the 2013 Smart has a 4year/50,000 factory warranty...so lots of factory warranty remaining for the new owner!

Only 3,713 miles!

And as a plus...it's being offered by a franchised Mercedes store!

Here's the link... 2013 smart fortwo $9,993 - Walter's Automotive - Riverside, CA 92504 Dealer

·
Registered
791 Posts
For What Its Worth

I bought one of my three smarts from this dealership and found their service department to be excellent. smarts don't need much service, but its good to know...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wanna ask why is it so cheap!??! does smart dont hold its value? heck I bought my 08 cabrio for 7800, i thought i had a good deal, but now i think this 2013 version is better value than mine!

in the future if i decide to sell my cabrio, am i gonna be stuck with selling it for $5k?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I wanna ask why is it so cheap!??! does smart dont hold its value? heck I bought my 08 cabrio for 7800, i thought i had a good deal, but now i think this 2013 version is better value than mine!

in the future if i decide to sell my cabrio, am i gonna be stuck with selling it for $5k?
Your car is worth whatever the top bidder is willing to pay for it.

My guess is that the "deal" is doing its job. Pulling in lots of Internet traffic to get attention and business throughout the rest of the dealership.

That car doesn't qualify for special financing offers, it does not qualify for lease offers... it's just a cash purchase or financing at regular rates.

If somebody finances the car at standard interest rates, the higher interest will bring the overall cost of the car up to the levels of a brand new higher priced car with lower interest...

·
17,350 Posts
Bingo Mr. smart!

It's not as much depreciation as it is clever viral marketing. They certainly caught our attention! :D

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've noticed a bunch of 2013 loaded low mileage passions on the market for under $11,500...many of them have been priced at under $10,500...

There are a pair of low mileage '13 convertible's in Houston offered at $12,500...both are still for sale...

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That car doesn't qualify for special financing offers, it does not qualify for lease offers... it's just a cash purchase or financing at regular rates.

If somebody finances the car at standard interest rates, the higher interest will bring the overall cost of the car up to the levels of a brand new higher priced car with lower interest...
That's a misleading statement...on a $10,000 purchase...the slightly higher standard interest rate is a drop in the bucket in terms of overall cost...most of the cost of a car payment is principle..not the interest costs...

Overall this 2013 would save you at least a total of $5,000 over the cost of purchasing a similarly equipped new Smart...

And remember...the more you pay for a vehicle...the more sales tax you pay...that adds up faster than the interest charge!

Leasing is OK...but it's just a long term rental contract with no ownership...the residuals at the end of leases usually are above market value...so very few people purchase their car at the end of lease...and most dealerships advertise leases based on 10K miles a year...there's a up-charge if you drive more miles...the fees can add up quickly!

If you can find a nice low millage 1 or 2 year vehicle in warranty...you can save a bunch of money...and bypass the huge new car deprecation penalty!

A 2013 pre-owned Smart for $10,000 to $11,000 is a heck of a deal...and they are out there at that price if you spend a bit of time shopping!

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mister smart LA...what's your DOC (document) fee when you purchase a new Smart from your dealership?

Hopefully it's not more than $100!

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bingo Mr. smart!

It's not as much depreciation as it is clever viral marketing. They certainly caught our attention! :D
No clever marketing...this car is for sale at under $10,000...that's the asking price...no smoke or mirrors...just a nice Smart at a very good price!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Also, For What Its Worth

Bought my 1st and 3rd smart from Penske in West Covina, CA, and sales and service was also excellent. I have a very unique color/interior package that others are envious of. Between my dealer and smartmadness, I'm very proud of how my smart looks, sounds and performs. Very tasteful for an old geezer.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I've noticed a bunch of 2013 loaded low mileage passions on the market for under $11,500...many of them have been priced at under $10,500...

There are a pair of low mileage '13 convertible's in Houston offered at $12,500...both are still for sale...
Where are the cabrios in Houston and what are their descriptions?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
The downside I see to this car is that it's had 15 months of demo service. That's a good amount of heavy "testing" by multitudes of newbie smart drivers.
Not seeing "the downside" in this right priced 2013 smart? :confused:

Asking price "under $10,000" with only 3,713 miles (demo miles of 60 per week) and the remaining 4 year/50,000 factory warranty - hardly broken in?

Been "heavy testing" all 70 horses :burnout: of our 2008 cabrio driving "like I stole" it since new and only have a big smile to show for it? :D

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Hannah Imports Raleigh NC
2011 Passion w/cruise control
6880 miles (or thereabouts)
CarFox sez . . .

02/15/2013 6,116 North Carolina
Damage Report Accident reported
Vehicle towed

:eek: Who knows??? :shrug:

And second owner sold only 53 miles after the accident?

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where are the cabrios in Houston and what are their descriptions?
Thanks
Both of the 2013 cabrios are listed on cars.com...one is light blue with leather...the other is black with leather & navigation...both under 6K miles...both had been listed for about 6 weeks...the prices were originally in the mid 13K area...both have been re-listed with lower prices in the last 10 days (asking $12,495)...should be very good buys!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts