Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you, I'm sorry I should have been clearer. Smart Car related. looking at the posts for this region. most of them where made back in 2012, and then stops, as if something happened, I live there, there's been no plagues, marshal law. and yet nothing recent for us Smart Car folks.:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, it's odd, I've seen more Smart Cars lately, but it looks like all the groups have faded away. Maybe it's the time of year, for about a year.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,455 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
they had an active group there since 2008, we took part in several events there, a nice group of folks. They had a change in leadership awhile ago and it seems it has been difficult to get it back to the interest level it was at previously. not too different from a lot of locals, at least in the NE, now compared to 2008. similar stories to tell in NY, MA, etc.

not sure if it's the novelty element wearing off, or people getting a life or what. some nice roads to drive around on...

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
an undead thread?

Maybe so. BUT you can buy Twinkies again.
'The AP reports that the Twinkie may also get a face-lift: gluten-free, sugar-free and low-sodium versions are being tested.'
Yahoo Finance. I am excited at the possibility of a sugar-free version. Since become a diabetic, I have not had one in such a long time.

Perhaps there is hope for this thread? :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think a Smart Car has been in a Zombie movie, I forget which one. I think they escape in one, or try too.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,455 Posts
I think a Smart Car has been in a Zombie movie, I forget which one. I think they escape in one, or try too.
It was about the end of the world with Steve Carrell. I can't remember the exact title. Some friends of the girl he was with had four or five smarts in their backyard along with their underground bunker.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wouldn't mind if there was a Smart Car Group in the Lehigh Valley, PA (Northamptom & Lehigh Counties) because I live in the Philadelphia Metro Suburb Area with actually both of the aforemetioned counties are really part of it too.
Phila. Metro Area = Philadelphia Co., Delaware Co., Chester Co., Bucks Co., Montgomery Co., Lehigh Co., & Northampton Co.'s.
I see almost as many Smart Cars in my Area as I do Fiat 500s or Mini Coopers - just FYI.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi. No, the one I was talking about had Zombies in it and took place in Las Vegas. At one point they where in an underground garage, and the only keys they found was for a Smart Car. They attempted to use the car to crash through a metal garage door. At the point of impact the picture switched to the outside of the door, where you hear a low bump and the door moves just a little.

I think later on they figured out how to get the door open, and the two survivors drive off... in the Smart Car!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Hi. No, the one I was talking about had Zombies in it and took place in Las Vegas. At one point they where in an underground garage, and the only keys they found was for a Smart Car. They attempted to use the car to crash through a metal garage door. At the point of impact the picture switched to the outside of the door, where you hear a low bump and the door moves just a little.

I think later on they figured out how to get the door open, and the two survivors drive off... in the Smart Car!
Remains (2011)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remains_(film)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts