Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't wait until February to get these Rotors. Get these now. We have these in stock and ready for shipping.

Here are the features:

• EBC Ultimax Black Dash Series Slotted Rotors are a direct replacement for your stock discs
• Engineered for high-performance and spirited driving
• Designed to stay cool and quiet under the harshest conditions
• Progressive slotting provides consistent performance, longevity and even pad wear
• Unique design prevents ridges from forming on pads and discs—unlike common drilled rotors
• Precision-cut slots vent heat, gases and moisture to prevent brake fade
• Slotted rotors are less prone to cracking and maintain structural integrity longer than drilled rotors
• Crafted in Britain from the finest grades of copper-inclusive grey iron
• Sold in pairs for your Front Rotors
• EBC backs your Ultimax BlackDash Series Slotted Rotors with a 6-month/5,000 mile warranty

Description

Whether it’s on the street or the track, squealing to a halt is not only embarrassing, it takes the fun out of high-performance driving. So, go for a set of EBC’s super-quiet Ultimax Slotted Rotors. EBC rotors deliver world-class braking performance without the earth-shattering noise that plagues common performance discs.

EBC’s progressive slotting provides an escape for the gasses, debris and moisture that cause brake fade. Plus, the angle at which these slots are machined creates a high-performance rotor that runs ultra-quiet. So, when you see heads turning, they’re looking at your ride—not cringing at your brake squeal.

Crafted in England from the highest quality British steel, EBC Rotors deliver consistent braking and even pad wear. And, since they’re slotted instead of drilled, Ultimax Rotors aren’t prone to cracking. Best yet, your EBC Ultimax BlackDash Slotted Rotors are backed by a 6-month/5,000 mile warranty.

We have these in stock at a low price:

$119.99

Email us at [email protected] or call us at 951-532-7939

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At SmartCar Performance we don’t encourage our customers to have their stock rotors drilled or slotted. There are people who don’t mind the risk, but we think it compromises the integrity of the rotor and as a result, it compromises the safety of the vehicle.

Here are some reasons NOT to slot your OEM rotors:

1. OEM rotors are not designed for Slotted Rotor applications
2. You will be weakening the material of the Rotor. In fact the Rotor can potentially crack.
3. You risk uneven brake wear on your pads. The company who slots your rotors will not warranty your brake pads.
4. The cost of the rotor can be $50-$60 or more. The cost to Slot the rotor is $50. So, there really isn’t much savings.

We have EBC brand rotors that are designed for this application and are well priced. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

·
Registered
252 Posts
At SmartCar Performance we don’t encourage our customers to have their stock rotors drilled or slotted. There are people who don’t mind the risk, but we think it compromises the integrity of the rotor and as a result, it compromises the safety of the vehicle.

2. You will be weakening the material of the Rotor. In fact the Rotor can potentially crack.
3. You risk uneven brake wear on your pads. The company who slots your rotors will not warranty your brake pads.
4. The cost of the rotor can be $50-$60 or more. The cost to Slot the rotor is $50. So, there really isn’t much savings.

We have EBC brand rotors that are designed for this application and are well priced. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
On number 3 does this mean that you warranty brake pads with your EBC rotors?

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
The jumbo picture is of the Ultimax? Are you sure those are correct?

One of the big attractions to the Ultimax for me (I was probably the first US 451 with them installed) was the reduced noise when compared to similar products like the EBC GD series of dimpled/slotted rotors. I thought the reason for the reduced noise was that the slots DID NOT go all the way to the rim. The jumbo image shows the slots all the way to the rim.

I could swear the coating was done after the slotting but the photo clearly shows fresh milling after the passivation (if any).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right. The first picture I put out there was a generic picture. The next pictures are from the actual product we picked up from our supplier. Some manufacturers will make slight changes before production. This may be the case.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
As long as your supplier is reputable (and perhaps a verifiable distributor) I feel a bit better. I'm just hugely surprised about the changes from the original "generic" design to something that only slightly resembles the original.

Before I need to replace my Ultimax rotors with new ones, I'd want to spend some time emailing back and forth with EBC to know that the new format doesn't increase the braking noise (major bullet point on the Ultimax advertising, also why I chose the style) and that the change in slotting profile (mill bit profile) has further improved or at least not degraded the resistance to stress cracking (a problem for after-market slotting).

It feels a little like being sold on Coke and finding out later that all you have is "New Coke" available.

·
Registered
252 Posts

I'm sorry, you must have over looked my post. I asked you on number 3 does this mean that you warranty brake pads with your EBC rotors?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the last time I will waste my time replying to any of your posts. I know what you are doing, and you need to find something else to do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Our Vertical Door Kits are always in stock. Give us a call and we can ship them out to you before your next event.

As always, we offer high quality products, competitive pricing and great customer service.
Does your great customer service only pertain to your vertical doors? Or does this stand true for other product that customers have questions about? I apologize for the inconvenience this may bring upon you to answer a few simple questions. I know that this "tech" stuff can be exhausting. But after all you did say in a post that if I have any further questions that you would be glad to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts