Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Smart Car be the next North American Car of the Year? Will it be able to beat out the beautiful newly designed Cadillac CTS?

It's hard to say but rumors are swirling that Smart USA is pushing the vehilce for a prime position as the North American Car of the Year.

What does the community think? Is the Smart Fortwo capable of taking this title?

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
I would say the jury is still out on that one. Once they get here and can be used/abused in real service, then we'll be able to tell how it fares but until then, lets just hope it could be a contender. That's the first I've read about the trans popping out of gear. That kind of thing could be a pain in traffic and maybe not so good for the transmission either.....1st year models will have some bugs to get out of them, too, so this will weight into the consideration. I wish they would just get them here! Soooooooo impatient!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will the Smart Car be the next North American Car of the Year? Will it be able to beat out the beautiful newly designed Cadillac CTS?

It's hard to say but rumors are swirling that Smart USA is pushing the vehilce for a prime position as the North American Car of the Year.

What does the community think? Is the Smart Fortwo capable of taking this title?
I'd say you have a better chance of buying a winning Mega Millions lottery ticket than that happening.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The Smart Car concept is near revolutionary for the U.S. It couldn't come at a better time. The design is awesome! The time has come for inexpensive, economical, quality transport and the Fortwo is IT!! Enuff with the bells and whistles and park itelf B.S.. This is a great fun car that get's me to work cheaply and did I mention FUN to drive! Time to redefine what a car of the year should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts