Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,667 Posts
…just watched the spark plug video…
…if you’re going to tackle this job use a jack and lift the body…like changing a tire but just lift the body…you’ll have plenty of room for your hands and tools to fit..
…btw…it’s called the electrode not a diode…

jetfuel…btdtft

· Registered
763 Posts
Whence I had the 451 platform, I changed the plugs using a special plug socket and 4 lengths of extensions. After I got the coil packs off, much cursing and a lot of contortionist moves I got them changed! You just have to find the right combination in the right sequence.

· Super Moderator
18,148 Posts
Unless I'm missing something, disconnecting the coil packs is unnecessary for a plug change? I just pull them out and place them out of the way.

To get at the spark plugs, I use a single extension and a spark plug socket attached to a small ratchet. I suppose my small hands helps with not needing more extensions.

· Registered
3 Posts
There's a YouTube channel created on November 2022 on smart car maintenance. Focus is on 451 (2008-2015) today but some videos are useful for anyone, such as how and why to install Apple AirTags in your car
Good channel!
Here is another one I recommend for anyone getting into more advanced repairs. He has a lot of helpful content on Smart ForTwo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts