Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked by several club coordinators if I could share information regarding how we were able to put together the Feb 8th Orlando 1st Anniversary Party that turned out 207 smart cars and 400 smart car owners and guests.

In response I have put together a 12 page Microsoft Word document of our experience and what I hope are helpful hints and suggestions regarding the planning and execution of such events. I was then asked if I would post it for all.

I've chosen to offer it under the Members Only Section as added incentive to become supporting members of SCOA.

As the document is much too large to fit within the limits of a normal post I am happy to offer it to any interested parties as an e-mail attachment.

The only thing I ask in return is that you share details of your major events with me so that we can all improve our events and the attendance.

If you are interested in receiving the document simply send me a regular e-mail requesting a copy and I will return an e-mail with the document attached.

I hope it will be helpful to your planning and execution.

You can e-mail me at: [email protected]

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Ken - Great that you are still here after doing a large event!! Don't think many are still around that did the planning for the Lombard meet, they rarely post anymore; probably out of fear someone will suggest it should become an annual event!!

Thanks for the hard work!!

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
This is great news..Good job on everything btw with planning for the last event. Im looking foward to many more. I live in Ga but I am willing to drive almost any where on the east coast to a Smart meet if it will be worth the drive like the last event.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ken - Great that you are still here after doing a large event!! Don't think many are still around that did the planning for the Lombard meet, they rarely post anymore; probably out of fear someone will suggest it should become an annual event!!

Thanks for the hard work!!
Runner, I've noticed the same thing. Am dissapointed that many great early posters have seemed to fall be the wayside but life goes on and I'm sure some of the "oldtimers" got frustrated with the same issues coming up again and again.

Anyway for now i'm stuck on here and I plan on continuing to be active.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
The difficult part - for me anyway - is getting people (Smart owners) in my area to respond. I tried one last year and was able to get some to not only respond but also help. I have been posting in the NJ section of the groups but few have post replies. I started a Yahoo group called Garden State Smarts for the NJ area (including PA, MD, DE. and NY) but only have a couple of people join.

Having this guide will make it easier to do or arrange for an event. Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Same here hard to get Smart owners to come to any events! We started the breakfast club first, and now have our Sub group "Smart CARolinas " club. Our group is going to form a trip to the famous "Tail Of The Dragon" We are having a breakfast meet on Feb 21 at 10:30am to formulate the time and date for the event. Around Sept, 2009, Will post the date for all on this site of the date!! ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US!!!
Thats what we are trying to do! But like what Dunerunner has said, most of the old times lost interest or have moved on to small groups! I also have kept a low profile, because this site has changed!! Still very good info and people. But as all can see the newbies have sort of taken over, and alot of babal , about nothing!! My 2cents. Hope to post trip and all are invited to join!! LINK:http://smartcarolinas.ning.com/
p1nball

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
still good to you visiting p1nball. :)

kwager - I just sent you an email - plus I may have some input on items that may have not be covered. Seeing the result firsthand though, you did a GREAT job. Not too much I would of done different.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The one issue I see like others have said is getting others to respond. It seems people know about certain events, but don't give their voice and contribute on events or not.

I sent you an email, thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Ken,
This is of great use! If you don't mind, I will add to it once I get through with the Tail of the Dragon event in September.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts