Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's make Smart the car of the decade!
WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPENED! :)
I NEED YOUR HELP!

There is a virtual car show on the Texaco website called "Car of the decade"

Texaco Car of the Decades

I entered my car a few days ago and the winner of the decade will be determined by visitors votes.

Here is the link to 2000 decade:

Texaco Car of the Decades - 2000-2100

A panel of judges will determine the overall winner. Some of the judges are Mario Andretti (Racing Legend), Juan Pablo Montoya (IndyCar and Formula 1 Race Driver), Editors of "Automobile", "Hot Rod", and "Car Craft" Magazines. Hopefully, winners of the decades will have some coverage in some of those magazines.

Some muscle car owner think that Smart is not a real car (like a scooter compared to the motorcycle), and I think it is will be cool to make Smart at least the car of the decade. IMHO

There is some very nice cars competing in 2000 decade: Mustang GT, Lotus Exige S, Audi TT, Crossfire SRT6, to name few. Last year winner was 2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible.

Please follow the prompts and sign up, so that you can vote for my car.
Once you are signed up, go to the 2000's decade.
My car is pretty easy to spot since the surfboard on top of the car is as long as the car itself.
Please vote for SMART and pass it on to anyone that might vote as well.

Thank you for your support!

ANY MONETARY WINNINGS WILL BE DONATED TO THE CHARITY.

To the moderators:
JPaul, jwight, SMART, just as suggestion is it possible to make it a sticky for a couple of weeks? :)
Voting will stop at 7PM EST on October 3, 2008.

CUBE

·
Registered
305 Posts
Add my vote (and pep-talk/comment). You're at 138. By the way, is that the stock 2008 smart red? If so, I'm going to have to look into a black stripe for mine!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Add my vote (and pep-talk/comment). You're at 138. By the way, is that the stock 2008 smart red? If so, I'm going to have to look into a black stripe for mine!
Thanks for the vote! It is factory 2008 "metallic red" color.....

CUBE

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
When I clicked the link, it said it was over.

"

Let the voting begin.

The submission period for Texaco’s "Car of the Decades" Virtual Car Show Contest has officially ended, but you can still register to select your favorite rides, post comments, and vote. "

*edit*
now it gives me this error:
Server Error in '/' Application.

and lots of html crap

·
Registered
506 Posts
Being schizophrenic, we tried to vote twice, but it wouldn't let us...looks like we don't need to stuff the ballot box anyway - :D

(Just a little confused - is there a difference between 'rating' (1-10) and 'voting?')

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Better get voting gang, there is a BMW that has taken the lead and is pulling away
Nah, I think you're looking at the 1990s category, which has a 540i in the lead. As of 0741 P.S.T., the 2000s still has Cube in the lead with a 345 rating, far above the next one (Lotus Exige with 79).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts