Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Clickable linky: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21882844/

Repeat of the Associated Press quote about production levels:

For us waiting in the line the good words are at least 30,000 units and fallout from the reservation program.

msnbc.com said:
Smart says more than 30,000 consumers have put down a refundable $99 deposit to reserve a Smart car. Those deposits do not guarantee sales, but the company is hoping to move at least 30,000 units in the first year, said spokeswoman Jessica Gemmara.

“There will obviously be some fallout from the reservation program because of life changes, or because people move — things like that, but our goal is to fulfill all those orders,” she said at the Los Angeles auto show, where Smart has a large exhibit aimed at drumming up more business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:D I like the sound of those words...considering I didnt make my reservation until earlier this month and have a res. number in the 1400s....makes me feel a little more optimistic about the whole thing...

·
Registered
721 Posts
The INITIAL demand is there.
Not only with the $99 program, but those that want to see one in person, on their own time, and take a REAL test drive.
Still, there are a bunch of people who'll see them and go drive one and end up buying one...
There's most likely a VERY large amount of people who will "wait and see".
They'll be a little more careful. Watch the news. See if it really CAN stand up to a YUKON XL at 45 mph...

Me? I'm PUMPED!! (I just can't afford it RIGHT now...it WILL happen, though.)
I'm also one of those playing the "pure or passion?" game right now.
What WILL I get...???

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts