Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dumb question - is the gas tank the same size? In the 2005 manual above it's showing 33 litres or 8.7 gallons. Will it be the same in the 08 US model?

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Hey that good to know. Small cars that I have had in the past all have had about that much reserve. Good idea. Lots of fuel left to get you to a station if you like to run down near the red alot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Smart Car ForTwo Maintenance & Service Manual on CD

Smart Car ForTwo Maintenance & Service Manual on CD has been updated and covers 2005 (450) - 2008 & 2009 (451) Both 450 and 451 Smart Models .

I have Published a complete New Manual for 2008 & 2009 Smart Fortwo (451)
While Keeping the 2005 2006 and 2007 Fortwo (450) Updated
You get both the 450 and 451 Manuals

A short Index Listed on Ebay under

Smart Car ForTwo Maintenance & Service Manual

& a shorter list is at dgraves . net
If there is any topics you need that I do not cover in the Smart Car Manual please just ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there I tried your link and it is not working. I just bought a 2005 smart car but it did not have a manuel. Tried to get one is very hard. can you please repost your message?

thanks

buttons

·
Registered
4 Posts
owner´s manual 2001

I need a 2001 Smart fortwo passion owners manual and Smart Car ForTwo Maintenance & Service Manual. If any one can send me a link where i can get one, that would be so great, is very hard to get.

Thanks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
the american tanks are 8.7 with 1.3 reserve for a total of 10 gallons. Most all specs just show the 8.7 and do not account for the reserve
NO, the 451 has 8.7 gallon tank OF that 1.3 is the reserve. its in the smart's Technicians maintenance manual.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
NO, the 451 has 8.7 gallon tank OF that 1.3 is the reserve. its in the smart's Technicians maintenance manual.
The original, untranslated German:
"Tankvolumen/davon Reserve in l" --- "33/5" (read as two columns in a table),
or,
"Tank volume/of that Reserve in (liters)" --- "33/5."

"Davon" means "of that" or "from that." Our English translation isn't technically incorrect, it just could have been done better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smart Car ForTwo Maintenance & Service Manual on CD has been updated and covers 2005 (450) - 2008 & 2009 (451) Both 450 and 451 Smart Models .

I have Published a complete New Manual for 2008 & 2009 Smart Fortwo (451)
While Keeping the 2005 2006 and 2007 Fortwo (450) Updated
You get both the 450 and 451 Manuals

A short Index Listed on Ebay under

Smart Car ForTwo Maintenance & Service Manual

& a shorter list is at dgraves . net
If there is any topics you need that I do not cover in the Smart Car Manual please just ask.
Dan

sent U a couple of e-mails from web site
from this forum it indicates that the cd covers both 450 & 451 models, correct?
if so does it have into on find/remove & refit the EGR and the location of all the diesel filters that need serviced

Logan

·
Registered
659 Posts
Danger, Zombie thread!!! Sorry, but I was searching for my manual and this thread came up on top in Google. It didn't help too much, but I found something that did, so I thought I would share...
smart owner's manuals

It is direct from smartusa, doesn't require your VIN, no sign-up, and is free. Maybe it will benefit others in the future.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Thanks.
For all, we have a link at left, under
Site Navigation>Helpful Links>smart fortwo Owner's Manuals

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks.
For all, we have a link at left, under
Site Navigation>Helpful Links>smart fortwo Owner's Manuals
Cool! I'm an idiot, or have vision problems. Feel free to delete my post to clean things up if you wish. Won't hurt my feelings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts