Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one help please. My 2013 smart Pure. I can not get the car open. I’m locked out of my car. Key doesn’t unlock it. I try manually opening doesn’t work. Change the batteries on the key nothing seems to work. Center console lock symbol is flashing a red light. How can I get my car to open?

·
Super Moderator
28,905 Posts
When did this start - has something been done to the car recently? Do you mean using the key in the drivers door will not unlock the door? Will the key fob unlock the rear hatch? :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Make sure you installed the key fob batteries observing the correct polarity. If you reverse the polarity, the fobs won't work. The key will only unlock the driver's side door. It operates a cable to unlock the door. The key should only turn one direction. Other option is to call AAA or a locksmith.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did make sure the battery was correctly installed. This never happened before.
Make sure you installed the key fob batteries observing the correct polarity. If you reverse the polarity, the fobs won't work. The key will only unlock the driver's side door. It operates a cable to unlock the door. The key should only turn one direction. Other option is to call AAA or a locksmith.
Locksmith couldn’t get it opened
locksmith couldn’t get it open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did make sure the battery was correctly installed. This never happened before.

Locksmith couldn’t get it opened

locksmith couldn’t get it open.
I try it all nothing worked. My only choice to get it open was to break the small door glass & replace it. Looks like the antitheft some how armed it self. This never happened before in 4 yrs I owned the car. Because of this It would never open . No choice but to break the window. & hit the unlock button to disarm the antitheft. Is working good now. Just need to replace the small window. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When did this start - has something been done to the car recently? Do you mean using the key in the drivers door will not unlock the door? Will the key fob unlock the rear hatch? :)
Unfortunately , no

1 - 6 of 6 Posts