Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a volunteer firefighter. My fire department is looking on conducting a training class on smart cars. Does anyone know where I can find information about the smart cars in terms of safety, where and where not to cut using hydraulic tools? I thought that this would be a great class, because more and more smart cars are popping up everywhere.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Try this: http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/media_library/unitedkingdom/mpc_unitedkingdom/passenger_cars/ownership/rescue_guide.object-Single-MEDIA.download.tmp/Rescue%20guide.pdf

Argh! Oldsmart beat me to it, but your link isn't working for me. Maybe you can make the PDF document above on rescue guidelines for the 451 available under Helpful Links. There was a prior thread on this subject, but the link provided in that thread is no longer valid and another thread with a rescue guideline provided info only on the 450 model. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
What he said. ^^

The best I could find is 2007 information from the smart.com site. Since their links appear to be somewhat dynamic, do a quick google search with the following:

site:smart.com "guidelines for rescue services"

and you'll find the 2007 Edition guidelines which covers much more than the Smart but does provide information on location of critical components for the USA model (the 451) as well as the older model (450).

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The best I could find is 2007 information from the smart.com site. Since their links appear to be somewhat dynamic, do a quick google search with the following:

site:smart.com "guidelines for rescue services"

and you'll find the 2007 Edition guidelines which covers much more than the Smart but does provide information on location of critical components for the USA model (the 451) as well as the older model (450).
The link I provided above in post #3 is the 2008 edition. :)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I did not know where the gas tank of questionable volume was. Seeing how big it it in surface area in that PDF makes me wonder how we ever get a good reading on it.

I now feel like I should print page 156 and post it for any emergency vehicle that happens upon me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts