Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this past week the $99 reservation program from Smart USA hit the 20k mark. What this means is that if each reservation holder indeed followed through with their reservation... there would be 4,000 unsatisfied Smart Enthusiasts... My guess is that in the end... there will be a large number of people that were hoping to get a Smart in 2008 and will have to wait!

·
Registered
106 Posts
i made my reservation on 5/24/07, number 6033701239, i don't think i am #1,239, but i don't think i am #701,239 either. i drug my heels about making a reservation for several months, so there must be quite a few before me.
passion cabrio, blue/silver

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hopefully this will not turn into a marketing disaster. surely if SMART were offering the car in USA they would have better sense that to underproduce vehicle and create a public backlash. I was told the reservation order had nothing to do with when a vehicle was offered to you. That the dealer in your area would make the selection from the list assigned to them. So depending on your dealer and how many cars they are assigned and who they call and what order is up to them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully this will not turn into a marketing disaster. surely if SMART were offering the car in USA they would have better sense that to underproduce vehicle and create a public backlash. I was told the reservation order had nothing to do with when a vehicle was offered to you. That the dealer in your area would make the selection from the list assigned to them. So depending on your dealer and how many cars they are assigned and who they call and what order is up to them
This whole thing reeks of the former so called smart Car distributor ZAP. They too claimed to be bringing the car in and pre selling them only to not get them and now mired in lawsuits with daimler. Penske has collected a lot of money for a car that he may or may not have and may or may not get by January of next year. many insiders say there is no way he could have cars before late next year and these experst also say that the prices he lists are as much as 50% less than the cars will actually be. He claims prices for the Pure models, of which he himslef even claims he will have less than 10% of, most will be the Passion models and they will be more like $17,000 to $22,000.

IN all, United Auto group has collected over 2 million dollars in deposits. Nice stash to collect interest on huh?

M

·
0 Posts
Dealer Cost $300,000

How about the dealers that have paid $300,000 to smart USA/UAG for the privilege to sell the cars?

This totals an additional $21,000,000?

16,000 units at, lets say a $1,000 gross equals $16,000,000 for 2008?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Admin: please answer the question of how we tell how our reservation numbers relate to whether we are 'in' that initial release group. Thanks!!

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
So these are the current numbers, huh? 20K reserved with 16K expected to be shipped? I guess I better get that reservation in tonight!

I actually did try to reserve one a few months back, but for some reason it never went through, and then I kind of forgot about it. Oh well - didn't expect to be first in line, and I do have a car payment through may '09 so maybe missing out during the first run might not be all that bad. I guess we'll see.....

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Looks like the reservation number may not match the order number. I was ###0021254.

There's still hope that I'm 20,001 :rolleyes:
yeah I don't think so too. Just registered and mine 10 digit # now starts with an 8 instead of a 6. Probably the number that will count the most will be when you actually meet with a dealer and get an order number.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts