Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I started a new thread because our local sightings are getting too mixed up with the ones from other parts of the state.
This thread is intended for: VA Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Windsor and Smithfield - including any immediately surrounding areas.

Start listing! Perhaps we can bring more people into the Hampton Roads Chapter!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw a red cabrio entering Bellmont Park off Shoulders Hill Road in Suffolk. They guy gave me the peace sign several times through the top as he pulled away. Anyone know who this is? I wonder if they live there or were just visiting? I live in the Riverfront part of Harbour View so it would make us neighbors!

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
The 'Burg

I can tell you that barely a day goes by in greater Williamsburg without passing another smart. Seen in the area by my count: White/black (3), red/black (2), yellow/black (1), silver/black (1), blue/black (1), black/black (1), grey/black (1), blue/silver (2), red/silver (2), black/silver (1).

My independent mechanic/parts place owner wants to get one for business use. Once that happens, he will likely look to do local independent smart work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think Williamsburg has more Smarts per capita than anywhere else. I see a number of them regularly. I think there are several in my subdivision. There is a yellow/black one that lives up the street from me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just took a weekend trip from my home in va beach to fredericksburg this past weekend and didnt see any on the way, or in Fredericksburg.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw another yellow/black one in Williamsburg (that makes at least two). It was parked at the Farm Fresh at Five Forks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Saw a yellow/black (the whole center to trunk was black, and the sides were yellow) on 664 yesterday around 3 pm ish... I was in my Suzuki :( wife stole the smart

·
Registered
197 Posts
Saw a yellow/black (the whole center to trunk was black, and the sides were yellow) on 664 yesterday around 3 pm ish... I was in my Suzuki :( wife stole the smart
This is probably Eric's. Intocoasters. Check out his picture. He's also got his new doors.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Okay Just saw a Blue and Silver (passion?) on Harbour View Blvd turning left onto College drive toward TCC. It was about 9:30am on Wednesday morning (9/2).

I live in the Riverfront so I saw this smart zip by as I was coming off of North River Road...

Was it you?:)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Here's a nonsighting. I drove to South Boston from Hampton by way of Knott's Island and back. Didn't see one other smartie all weekend

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That blue/silver passion (TNY BENZ) was me on the way to TCC to meet my son at school. We live in Carrollton (beside Smithfiled near the JRB.)
Well hello neighbor! I live in Waters Edge, it is a condo community on North River Road in Harbour View. It's great to see another Smart Car in the area!

If you ever see a green/teal Saturn with a spooler on the back at TCC please get the plate number. It was the car that hit me a few weeks ago. He was coming out of TCC when he nearly hit me head on and took off. The police want to charge who ever it was with hit and run.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Monday 21st, 6 AM passed by yellow/black on Mercury Blvd, Hampton, Monday 21st 4:30 PM blue/black 2cars in front of me on Mercury Blvd, Hampton. Tusday 22nd 4 PM red/black 2 cars in front of me Mercury Blvd to King St, Hampton. He went left, I went right. I know all 3 are locals but this was the first time I saw them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I guess Richmond is out of your scanning area?
There is about a dozen or so in the area, there are 4 at the Defense Supply Center in Richmond, a white, a red and a gray (SILVER) Passion plus a Blue Cabrolet.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm more apt to go west than north, and if I do go north it's via the beltway so I don't go into Richmond at all. I guess you could say Richmond is out of my scanning area.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Norfolk

Military Hwy ramp to 264 Blue/Black Tirdion...too quick to get a tag :)

I am in Norfolk-Broad Creek- also, 09 Blue/Silver Tridion...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts