Smart Car of America Forum banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Yesterday, about 3:45 PM southbound on Old Georgetown Rd in Bethesda, it was a hilarious convoy.

I was in my white/silver coupe with a coworker heading into downtown Bethesda for a meeting - somewhere around Tuckerman Lane, we saw a silver/silver cabrio being driven by a lady. She trailed us most of the way downtown. In the meantime, there was a Black/White cabrio not far behind me, which one of my coworkers thought was myself and apparently tailgated until he realized it was not. In the meantime, a bumblebee that was all logoed up pulled off of Cedar heading southbound and was next to me for most of my trip.

All in all, there were 4 of us within the span of a city block... it was kind of funny. Anyone here, by chance?

·
Registered
197 Posts
CHESAPEAKE
Saw a blue exiting at Greenbrier off I 64 at about 8:30 a.m. I honked LOTS, but I don't think you saw me.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Washington NW, DC

Four sightings: the 3 in the picture, and a 4th one (silver/silver) parked just off camera, today around 1 PM, on 21st St. NW, between O and P St.
Any regular?

(Besides mine in the forefront.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh that is funny JPaul.

GStreet I love your flyer. That is perfect and a good idea.

This week, I've been seeing a blue/silver on or Around constitution Ave. I've seen it twice making a left on I think 7th. I saw it coming in from like 395 one day. We seem to be on the same schedule.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I had a double Smart sighting today as i was going on my run down the old dominion bike trail/ railroad. You know the one that goes from Arlington , VA to Purcelville, VA, passes past Gallows Road in Dunn Loring, VA, Anyway, was about to cross 123 in Vienna when i see a 08 Red Passion going toward Oakton,VA between the times of 4.00 and 5.00 p.m Being the die hard Smart enthusiast i am i decided to turn left on 123 and. sprint like mad to catch up to the car so i can wave my key and give the thumbs up. Never got to catch up to the car as it was going pretty good speed, but ah my eyes see a Zebra Passion ( White with Black shell) traveling that same direction. What did i do? Run even faster just to get the practice of a good sprint, and wave howdy. Never caught up to either one, but it made for one good run and a half. Exercise is so good for the soul. My muscles however are really feeling great now:eek:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That is a good one. I have photos of a sliver on sliver coupe that decided to park next to me at one of the Home Depots i work at. Made a perfect end to an otherwise gloomy day.

Four sightings: the 3 in the picture, and a 4th one (silver/silver) parked just off camera, today around 1 PM, on 21st St. NW, between O and P St.
Any regular?

(Besides mine in the forefront.)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Here is the earlier Smart sighting where an owner of a Sliver on Sliver Passion could not resist parking next to me one day. Made for what was a really foul day on the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yesterday a bumblebee pulled up next to me at the signal at Frying Pan Road on VA28 north. I think he had that feeling I get: "someone is staring at me because I am in a smart", and when he finally looked over and saw another smart he brightened up and waved wildly! I followed him to my exit and when he saw me pulling off he stretched his arm out the window and waved. Smart people are so nice! This was only my fourth on-the-road sighting since getting my smart in late December. Where is everyone?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I had the record sightings of Smarties today as i was gallabanding everywhere. I was in the Tyson's Corner area, and saw one blue and sliver cabrio, and three passion coupes two were red and black one was a black and silver parked at an office building whom got my signature spotted ya flyer, saw a black and blue passion coupe awaiting VA inspection, the location was the Sunoco on Gallows road near the Dunn Loring fire station. Wanted to ask the owner about his car, but the person seemed occupied. Saw another blue and sliver cabrio driving down Little River Turnpike as i was headed away from Fairfax city, and then spotted one more on Hunnington Road in Alexandria which was a black and sliver passion with the VA tag plate AGNT 86 originating from the Virginia beach area ( The checkered flag logo is a dead giveaway) which BTW got my spotted ya flyer. Seven in all, and that was a perfect thing for a Friday. If that is anyone in this group, i will say ya got good taste in automobiles.:) Oh yeah, i was hoping to get a free wash but that was not possible today, but i did manage to give a ride to one of my best pals as his car was in the shop. Nice excuse to go in the Smart, oh and found reasonable priced gas at the Sunoco on Francoina RD in Springfield.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I totally forgot about this picture, i had a meeting in pentagon city and spotted a twin of my car when looking for a parking spot in a crowded garage. best part about small cars is prime parking spots! lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Frederick. Everyday on the way home between 330 and 400. I pass a bumble bee smart with daisy's on the side. We wave and flash lights with an occasional honk. I drive from Emmitsburg to Walkersville at the time on 15 heading south. They are always heading 15 north at the same time. It is so cool.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You should get a picture of that Smart. It be a nice one to see in time for spring.

I live in Frederick. Everyday on the way home between 330 and 400. I pass a bumble bee smart with daisy's on the side. We wave and flash lights with an occasional honk. I drive from Emmitsburg to Walkersville at the time on 15 heading south. They are always heading 15 north at the same time. It is so cool.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a sighting today, a blue passion with silver tridion safety cell. everytime i see another smart i honk, smile, and wave - i generally don't get a response, i'm not sure if the other smart thinks i'm being a jerk for honking, or if the other driver isn't as excited to be driving a smart as i am. either way, i always love seeing another smarty on the road!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Earlier this week on a Tuesday i had a Smart owner spot me on I -66 westbound about 6.15ish A.M. It was a crystal white and black pure and this person
gave me a friendly toot of the horn and pulled next to me. After i waved to him he got ahead of me, and then i got next to the guy and waved again. We must have given the other motorists a sight to see. BTW this car was bought from Lindsay Smart in Alexandria. if that is anybody here, thanks for taking the time to notice me so early in the morning, Another Smart is a great start to the morning. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
That was me!

Yesterday a bumblebee pulled up next to me at the signal at Frying Pan Road on VA28 north. I think he had that feeling I get: "someone is staring at me because I am in a smart", and when he finally looked over and saw another smart he brightened up and waved wildly! I followed him to my exit and when he saw me pulling off he stretched his arm out the window and waved. Smart people are so nice! This was only my fourth on-the-road sighting since getting my smart in late December. Where is everyone?
:wave: I hardly see any on my commute (VA28 and 50). Good to see you!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
New Jersey Silver Coupe in DC (cherry blossoms)

Howdy all
I was cruising through the cherry blossoms on Sunday afternoon in my Blue/Black Cabrio and met a Silver Coupe from New Jersey?
Said Hello, He came from Cherry Hill Dealership, I work at Tyson's Corner?

anyone on this group?

Nice meeting other smart people on the road

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Had one of the better Smart sightings yet. I was coming off if 495 onto Gallows Road ( headed toward my home) when on the corner of my eye i spot a sliver Brabus at the stoplight. I am thinking it was a coupe, or maybe a convertible, all i know that it was the first of the Brabus cars i seen on the road. I blasted my horn a number of times and waved at the guys in that car, and not only was i seen, the driver gave me a thumbs up, i gave one back at them.
If that is anybody on this group, nice to see one of those on the road, and if you can let me know, how do you like it compared to the regular Smarts? Oh one more thing, after a visit to my doctor whom literally stuck it to me ( blood-work) that was a nice sight indeed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It wasn't me, but the only "real" difference between the For-two and the Brabus is the suspension and wheels. But only going on the test drive of the Passion that I tested and the Brabus I bought, the Brabus handles better. The ride is about the same.

Wilkins

201 - 220 of 247 Posts