Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed any good sound systems in to Smarts? I put a 400 watt amp under my passenger seat and two 6 X 12 three way speakers in boxes in the back. I also replaced the stock front speakers with infinity 4.5 inch and bass blockers and they add really nice tweeter and mid tones. The rear speakers really fill in the Bass. I also have a sub installed. I have lots of extra room as I have a storage space extender. Some people have made really nice door speaker inserts that I think are great but so far over priced. I"m from Canada and would love to hear about some USA Smart Car Experiences!
Les

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you replace the speakers? Did you have to take the door panel off, or just the speaker grills? I would hate to try to pry the grilles off and have thembreak if what I really need to do is take the door panles off to get at the speakers. Rich

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you want to make it right, then take a look in this thread.
ok - it's german, but the pictures are saying it all... ;)

our install in the 451's begins about march or april - it's fu..... cold right now and the damping-stuff don't likes low temperatures.

when it's done, or in the making, we are posting an "install-guide" at our team-page - smartfever.de.
well - also german, but as i said - pictures are showing all. :D
oh and with our old smarties we won some sound-off's (sound-quality) and one of our members where german db-drag champion with his smart...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts