Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a smart car in Pakistan, where we do not have any dealers. The key logo comes on in the dash when I try to start the car and the key does not lock or unlock the car. This key used to start the car fine before.

We can borrow the diagnostic equipment from the local Mercedes dealer (who will not deal with Smart cars) but when we try to re-teach the key in case it has gone out of sync with the car, we need to produce TAN code.

Can anyone help us out with this? We are willing to pay for any help, we are desperate!

Regards

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Can you give us more information about the car - year, engine size, etc. I'm assuming it's one of the previous 450 models, not the newer 451 version?

·
Registered
721 Posts
You've most likely come to the best site to find your information.
If no one here knows how to help you, then we can surely point you to someone that can....

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
210 Posts
If no one here knows how to help you, then we can surely point you to someone that can....

Welcome to the site!
Some information should not be given out on public forums. Some information can be used to steal someones smartie.

If I were to call your home and request your SS number or your pin code for your debit/credit card, would you give it to me? You don't know me from Jack, here or on the phone.

FWIW

·
Registered
721 Posts
Some information should not be given out on public forums. Some information can be used to steal someones smartie.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

This guys talking about TAN codes...the programming in the ECU.
This will entail special equipment used by a smart tech to fix the car.

I'm really surprised Evilution or someone from Canada hasn't had any input on this yet.

:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts

If I were to call your home and request your SS number or your pin code for your debit/credit card, would you give it to me? You don't know me from Jack, here or on the phone.

FWIW
I seriously doubt anyone from this forum will be making a trip to Pakistan to try and steal a smart.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
LMAO....

I seriously doubt anyone from this forum will be making a trip to Pakistan to try and steal a smart.
Slight overreaction I dare say...but what he said is true....if you're dealing with credit cards and NOT smart car keys.....

Funny though....you just can't protect yourself enough these days.....:rolleyes:

John

·
Registered
833 Posts
haydar, you will probably get a lot more help from clubsmartcar.com, the canadian site. Not many smarts in U.S. The Canadians have years of experience and are very helpful. the 450 has been in canada for 5 or 6 years.
Less than 3 months in USA.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Do you seriously believe that :eek:

I'm really surprised Evilution or someone from Canada hasn't had any input on this yet.
Ever heard of world time zones ;)

been in canada for 5 or 6 years.
May 2005 - not even 3 years.

OK, Gaydar :p
Your Mercedes diagnostics won't help. You need smart software which would cost the dealer extra and as they don't deal with smarts, they won't have it.
You still need a TAN code but they are only available through the software connected to Smart GMBH in Germany. No smart software, no TAN.

The best thing to do is not to have a car in a country that offers no dealer support. You will have to now ship the car to a country that can sort it out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
BLAH BLAH BLAH

This guys talking about TAN codes...the programming in the ECU.
This will entail special equipment used by a smart tech to fix the car.

:eek:
What does it take to hook up to an ECU? A paper clip will work to pull codes from GM or Ford.

Blah Blah Blah all you want. Where is it again that they install that dealer installed theft deterant?? Mine isn't working very well...ohh gee, I forgot, I don't have a smart and I don't have the dealer installed theft deterent either either but I do know now, and from this web site, where some of the units were/are installed. Now I know were to kill it and the power to it too and I'm sure 10,000 others that have read this site know too.

·
Registered
721 Posts
What does it take to hook up to an ECU? A paper clip will work to pull codes from GM or Ford.

Blah Blah Blah all you want. Where is it again that they install that dealer installed theft deterant?? Mine isn't working very well...ohh gee, I forgot, I don't have a smart and I don't have the dealer installed theft deterent either either but I do know now, and from this web site, where some of the units were/are installed. Now I know were to kill it and the power to it too and I'm sure 10,000 others that have read this site know too.

All this shows is how little you know about technology in OBDII and CAN protocols in today's vehicles...This is only MORE BLAH...

There won't be any tampering with the OE system. It's too smart...:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts