Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm sunshinebubble, a smart car owner back in the UK and looking to buy one now i'm in the US....just wanting to see what people here in America think of them since the roads are very different here...feel like i might get eaten alive in such a small car on your big freeways!

if anyone has any advise/comments please let me know!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Nobody getting eaten alive here. Like anywhere, you need to watch out for inattentive drivers whether you're on a motorcycle or in an SUV.

You have more room do dodge those who don't pay attention on most US roads compared to Europe.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I drive 200 to 300 miles a day 3 days a week. I get treated fairly by most.

I drive relaxed and leave myself room, it works well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi,

I'm sunshinebubble, a smart car owner back in the UK and looking to buy one now i'm in the US....just wanting to see what people here in America think of them since the roads are very different here...feel like i might get eaten alive in such a small car on your big freeways!

if anyone has any advise/comments please let me know!

Thanks
Well there a a lot of us that drive smaller: motorcycles, trikes, SeaDoo three wheelers, etc, smarts are BIG compared to them. Just look out for drivers on cellphones not looking at you.

·
Registered
925 Posts
If that "LA" you list means "Los Angeles", be sure to watch out for drivers putting on make up, talking on cell phones (eventhough its illegal now), and those giving you the middle fingered salute. :D

Oh, forgot about people switching lanes without signaling.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Six weeks and 3600 miles on Chicago's Dan Ryan / I-94 and the smart handles it just fine. The same people that wouldn't let you in to another lane treated me the same in my other car, this one just fits in a smaller space. An absolutely awesome commuter car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.