Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find somewhere that I could get a stock replacement for my muffler / exhaust? I apparently lost one of the mounting bolts, and increased fatigue quickly made the muffler pipe fail.

I don't really want a "performance" upgrade or whatever. I do want a catalytic converter in there (it's there for a reason, and I bought the Smart for the same reason). I would consider after-market if it was economical.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

No responses so far on where I could get a replacement muffler. Anyone know a source?
It's not available from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I looked through your post history to find where you are. Assuming you're still in the Baltimore area, you aren't going to find anything locally. You'd be able to get one from Flying Tiger although admittedly I couldn't find one on there when I took a quick look. Apparently Three Point Motors in Victoria, BC has been co-operative in selling parts to the black market CDIs in the US. Keep in mind that the US never got the CDI, let alone the 450 model, so your best bet for CDI parts will be Canada. There are parts cars occasionally around up here, so sometimes you can get bits and bobs from those too.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If you have not already, take the broken one to a muffler shop to see if it can be fixed or to see if they could fabricate something.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I made my own exhaust system. I used a high flow cat from Ebay and a stainless steel magnaflow muffler. Has a bung for the sensor in the cat. Wasn't hard, so a decent muffler shop should be able to make one for you. No codes, sounds great and looks much better with the center exit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts