Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I'm willing to try my luck with the Sacramento smart dealership. It is a Von Housen Group Mercedes/smart store. I have visited and purchased parts there. I need to see about a 2.03 update someday. Let me know what and when. I made my reservation today so I'm goint to be there!:D

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Sacramento update

I went in and met the Sacramento Brand Manager, Emily Espinola, today.
She was very nice and interested in helping get the word out. I currently have my smart and another smart from the San Jose area signed up to go. We are planning on driving HWY 50 from California to Colorado. :D
Probably leaving on the 7th or 8th. A good meet up point would be Lake Tahoe. Anyone else going is welcome to join in.

·
Super Moderator
29,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Should be some word from smart USA coming out in a few weeks. I think there are some folks from the SoCal Smarties Meetup group going that you might join up with.

·
Super Moderator
17,600 Posts
Looks like I'm heading to Denver this year so I totally want to volunteer!
I call dibs on Lake Bluff (maybe they can get a second chance with me). :)

Reactions: jwight

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Still nothing smart about the lot of Mercedes Benz of Memphis. There's been only one smart on their lot and it wasn't there long. Every thing else there is the high priced spread. I keep checking just in case. No interest here.

·
Super Moderator
17,600 Posts
Also I am willing to make a promo video for the nationals :)

·
Super Moderator
29,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
A video would be great - the one rfernatt made for the 2010 Nationals really helped. Shoot a PM to coloradokiwi and see what you can work out. I'm sure folks here would be willing to let you use some photos and videos for the promo video. Thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,600 Posts
So during my downtime I've been seeing if I can even go to Denver. That answer is officially yes, so now I'm moving on to the promo video.

I'll be sending kiwi a PM about the matter at a more appropriate time today.

My Lake Bluff dealer is also unresponsive about the whole matter (no returned calls or email) so instead I'll pay a visit to the Brand Manager of Lincolnwood instead. He's enthusiastic about the brand and might like the Denver idea.

Also, I intend not to make the promo video too long, basically about a minute and a half. I'd like it to feature information as well as videos/photos from the last Nationals and other Rallies.

I'd like to use this song from the 0:00 mark to the 1:25 mark (leaving out the rest of the unfit stuff)

Here it is in action for a car film (watch starting at 2:25)...WOT never features my smart in his videos :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWRkvhkTVE

If that song is too "New Age", I think this might work

Unfortunately, rfernatt's video no longer exists so I'll be using my flavor of video witchcraft.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I went in and met the Sacramento Brand Manager, Emily Espinola, today.
She was very nice and interested in helping get the word out. I currently have my smart and another smart from the San Jose area signed up to go. We are planning on driving HWY 50 from California to Colorado. :D
Probably leaving on the 7th or 8th. A good meet up point would be Lake Tahoe. Anyone else going is welcome to join in.
Dropped off two 81/2 X 11 Posters for the Nationals at Sacramento Smart
(Von Housen Dealership). Emily, smart brand manager, has posted on dealership Facebook and will put up the posters in service and sales. :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts