Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to schedule a service appointment online a couple of times but have not received an e-mail about when. Is this done only by the phone? I used the online form. My little car is up for its routine maintenance.

I was hoping to find out why the TPMS stays on even though I fill the tires when checked. There were a couple of times it did not need air in the tires but still the light comes on. I press the tire button but all it does is cause the tire emblem to blink then stay on. :eek:

I was hoping to check out the newer Smarts. They did call about having my car evaluated as a trade in.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
You may need replacement of 1 or more of the sensors in the wheels. Otherwise , check the tires the old fashioned way with a tire gauge and put a piece of tape over the tire light.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I tried to schedule a service appointment online a couple of times but have not received an e-mail about when. Is this done only by the phone? I used the online form. My little car is up for its routine maintenance.

I was hoping to find out why the TPMS stays on even though I fill the tires when checked. There were a couple of times it did not need air in the tires but still the light comes on. I press the tire button but all it does is cause the tire emblem to blink then stay on. :eek:

I was hoping to check out the newer Smarts. They did call about having my car evaluated as a trade in.
Hey Big Warp Guy,

I am the Brand Manager at smart Center of Lynnfield. Please let me know the contact info you placed on our online service form and I will see check with service to see why you were not answered right away. My email is [email protected].

As kheran says, you may need a TPMS replacement in one or more wheels. After you've inflated tires to correct PSI, hold in the tire pressure button (on dash next to the unlock button/passenger heated seat if equipped) for a few seconds and it should reset and use the new PSI as the new baseline for measurement.

Dan Fava

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TPMS?

I check the tires and fill any that is needed (usually not). I try pressing the tire symbol but it just blinks and stays on. I had my car serviced and they said filled the one tire but the light stays on. I will check about the other suggestion.

I will call on Monday about an appointment. It is quite a drive from Hampton NH to Lynnfield MA.
:nerd:

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no longer worrying about TPMS

I am no longer worrying about the TMPS on my 2008 Smart Fortwo Pure. I got a good deal on a 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion. I will be getting it soon. I received a lot of good help there. I am looking forward to picking up my newer Smart car on 04/02/2014. It is black with a silver tridon. It will have things my Pure did not have; AC, powered windows. shift paddles, radio with USB port. >:D

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got new Smart

I picked up my smart (left the old one) on April 2nd. There was a small problem concerning the insurance but it was resolved by the Smart Center Lynnfield. I think they did an excellent job. :D

:thanks_smile:

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Job Smart Center Lynnfield.

I had a problem but they took care of it in a very professional problem. I am grateful for that.
:nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts