Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i would start this thread if we had any Questions for Max and crew at our smart center of Indy.

i know there is the 'dealer' thread, but now that we have our own 'Indiana Chapter', thought i would be nice to find everything i one place....you know: "One Stop Shopping" so to speak! ;)

i'm starting it off with a couple of my own.....

1) about how many people are now on your 'orphan list'?

2) the cars that are coming in currently, what are those reservation numbers? just the last '4'digits, such as "1350", "1427", etc. just trying to get a feel for how far down the line some of us are......

thanks in advance to Max, Walter, Matt and everyone at smart center of Indy.

you guys (and girls :) ) really ARE "The Best"!!!!! :D

Kevin

·
Registered
21 Posts
It would be very nice to let everyone in forum know the the numbers of Smarts delivered from Indianapolis on weekly basis and last four digit of reservation #.
By the way I am X__X1289, and still waiting..

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be very nice to let everyone in forum know the the numbers of Smarts delivered from Indianapolis on weekly basis and last four digit of reservation #.
By the way I am X__X1289, and still waiting..
thanks and that IS great info. part of my question was to see where they are, as far as reservation numbers, with their deliveries and like you said, knowing how many they deliver each month would be nice too.

the last time Max and i talked 'figures', he said they had delivered about 22 that month (March maybe?). but my guess is that this figure is UP since then.

hopefully someone from SCI will 'drop in' and fill us in on this info......:)

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I think I read somewhere on another thread that smartcenterIndianapolis was only allocated 300 smarts this year:(. That makes 25 a month! So smartcenter, what is the real skinny :confused: Like Kevin said, you're the best:D.

Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Someone will need to call the dealership to tell them that there is this string as Max has not logged into this site since 4/14/08.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone will need to call the dealership to tell them that there is this string as Max has not logged into this site since 4/14/08.

already done. well, i emailed him and he dropped me a 'quick' reply back that he was acknowledging my email and would get back to me.

we'll see......i hope he considers coming back. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
They want more for people like you JEEPSTER.

Meaux :)
Ya! Since the restraining order didn't work they're gonna have to get him a car to get him off the property! <grin>

Around the 1st week of May they said they'd received about 70 cars and were allocated 300 for the year.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya! Since the restraining order didn't work they're gonna have to get him a car to get him off the property! <grin>

Around the 1st week of May they said they'd received about 70 cars and were allocated 300 for the year.

very funny, "pj"......but if there ever WAS a 'restraining order', it probably would have been on "meaux", not ME!!! :D

but back on 'topic', i got an email back from Walter saying he would be glad to answer anyones questions IF they contacted him via email (smart center site) or phone. no word back from Max. after we "beat his dead horse", he may not feel the love just yet. :(

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember the saying: "Yes dear, you're right, I'm sorry..."

"docthrock" mentioned this in the 'Party' thread and since he did, i'll continue that discussion on this thread......

i'm a big guy and i'll admit when i'm wrong and i'm begining to think more and more that I'M WRONG ABOUT SCI!

yes, they like to pat you on the back and apparently pay great 'lip service' when there in person, but their lack of responding to emails is not only unprofessional, but RUDE! i can't believe that i have supported, campaigned for and went to bat for this dealer and they don't even have the common decency to return a simple email.

OVER 2 WEEKS AGO i emailed Max to ask some simple questions. got a reply of 'just acknowledging i got your email, Kevin, and i'll get back to you soon'. a week later, i emailed him again and 'cc' Walter. got a reply from Walter saying 'I'm sure Max will get back to you soon' and that 'Max wants to talk to you' or something to that affect. still haven't heard squat from either Max or Walter.

it's a shame too as i really like the smart cars, but if this lack response on SCI's part continues, i may consider a Honda Fit instead......AND I CAN HAVE ONE OF THEM TODAY!!!!

am i PISSED? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I AM!!!!:mad:

as for the 'title'......"meaux" and "SmartnTiny"? will you accept my appologies and i'll just say what i say to my wife all the time; "Yes dear, you're right, I'm sorry!":eek:

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P.S. "meaux", you were right about SCI in that they should be on this forum too. IF they were really interested in OUR concerns, they (Max, Walter and Matt...others too?) would be participating in this forum as well.

ok, to make all of you happy, i'll shut up for now.......

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I know I'm new to the forum, and at the risk of being chastized, I'm going to make an observation. I have nothing but respect for the group at SCI. Each visit has been a wonderful experience, and Matt has always been very eager to answer any concerns I have had. I have also spent some time going back through old posts here and see a trend. Jeepster55, from looking at your past posts, you apparently visit the dealership weekly, do you think that is going to get your car here sooner? Ever consider that maybe the reason your e-mails are not answered as soon as others is because your driving Max NUTS? How can a person have so many questions about a car they don't even have yet? I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you attract more flys with honey than vinegar. As I said before, my experience with Indy has been great, best car buying experience of my life. I don't like seeing somebody trash an organization I am fond of.

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't like seeing somebody trash an organization I am fond of.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Glad you had a good experience. I did too. Overall it was actually VERY good. But I have to admit that for a product that seems (to me) overwhelmingly "web oriented", the Indy gang could have a better web presence. But I can say that about the entire company, really.

Just before I bought my car, I was emailing back and forth very promptly with excellent results. Perhaps it depends on whether you're emailing to close or not? Dunno. I just think they could do better. But it's not THAT big a deal. If I had something that REALLY needed attention, I'd be on the phone or face to face. Again, I think Indy does a very good job and were great to deal with.

And I do understand that they probably get inundated with overenthusiastic prospects and can't be all that and a bag of chips. So I try to be understanding... and use other web resources (like this forum) whenever possible.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know I'm new to the forum, and at the risk of being chastized, I'm going to make an observation. I have nothing but respect for the group at SCI. Each visit has been a wonderful experience, and Matt has always been very eager to answer any concerns I have had. I have also spent some time going back through old posts here and see a trend. Jeepster55, from looking at your past posts, you apparently visit the dealership weekly, do you think that is going to get your car here sooner? Ever consider that maybe the reason your e-mails are not answered as soon as others is because your driving Max NUTS? How can a person have so many questions about a car they don't even have yet? I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you attract more flys with honey than vinegar. As I said before, my experience with Indy has been great, best car buying experience of my life. I don't like seeing somebody trash an organization I am fond of.

Just my 2 cents worth.
no problem.....just so you know, i don't visit the dealer weekly. i've actually only been IN the dealership maybe 4 times since February . while i do PLAN on visiting quite often, other things come up and it never really works out. my wife has been there once for one test drive and i have only had one test drive as well.

i've been in the car business, mostly as a parts manager, for 25+ years. i know 'how it works' and i feel i've been very respectful of everyones time while i WAS there visiting. on one of my visits, i could see that Max was busy and i told him to 'go ahead and take care of customers'....i was just 'snooping'. my last visit there, Max took me on a tour and showed me where the service and parts departments 'will be' once there is a need for them. i appreciated all that Max, Walter and Matt (he went with Bambi on her test drive) have done while i'm there. it's just that there is a lack of communitcation if you're NOT there.

anyway, i'm done with it. said my piece. the forum is yours.....smart OWNERS. until i become one (if i do), then maybe i'll come back.

i mean this in all sincerity; Have a great time Saturday and I hope the meet and drive goes well. I know from experience that Rick's is a great choice to end the evening with a wonderful meal and wonderful new friends.

take care.......:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
anyway, i'm done with it. said my piece. the forum is yours.....smart OWNERS. until i become one (if i do), then maybe i'll come back.
take care.......:)[/quote]

Say it isn't so! Jeep! Jeep! Come back. We'll miss you jeep. :(

·
Registered
871 Posts
Wow.

"docthrock" mentioned this in the 'Party' thread and since he did, i'll continue that discussion on this thread......

i'm a big guy and i'll admit when i'm wrong and i'm begining to think more and more that I'M WRONG ABOUT SCI!

yes, they like to pat you on the back and apparently pay great 'lip service' when there in person, but their lack of responding to emails is not only unprofessional, but RUDE! i can't believe that i have supported, campaigned for and went to bat for this dealer and they don't even have the common decency to return a simple email.

OVER 2 WEEKS AGO i emailed Max to ask some simple questions. got a reply of 'just acknowledging i got your email, Kevin, and i'll get back to you soon'. a week later, i emailed him again and 'cc' Walter. got a reply from Walter saying 'I'm sure Max will get back to you soon' and that 'Max wants to talk to you' or something to that affect. still haven't heard squat from either Max or Walter.

it's a shame too as i really like the smart cars, but if this lack response on SCI's part continues, i may consider a Honda Fit instead......AND I CAN HAVE ONE OF THEM TODAY!!!!

am i PISSED? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I AM!!!!:mad:

as for the 'title'......"meaux" and "SmartnTiny"? will you accept my appologies and i'll just say what i say to my wife all the time; "Yes dear, you're right, I'm sorry!":eek:
P.S. "meaux", you were right about SCI in that they should be on this forum too. IF they were really interested in OUR concerns, they (Max, Walter and Matt...others too?) would be participating in this forum as well.

ok, to make all of you happy, i'll shut up for now.......
WOW Kevin, I had to read this twice. I am sorry that they let you down. I was worried that you might have a big let down. Remember, when I said that they did not call me when my car came in, I was not joking. SCI is not a horrible dealership. I just wish that they would try harder. As you said, look at the presence of ETHAN from SmartcenterSeattle. It can be done. I recall Max telling me before the dealership was ready that he frequented a British smart site. SO, theoretically, he should be able to read and post here as well. Matt and I communicate by phone and email. Do not be so discouraged that you give up on the fortwo. Also remember, a message board is hard to read nuances on. It is difficult to read sarcasm, sadness, frustration, sincerity etc on a board sometimes and know which is which. OK, after all this ranting, I do have to agree with you. Max should have returned your email. Plain and simple. Don't put them on such a high pedestal and when these things happen, you will not be so let down.

Meaux :)

p.s. you do not have to go away unless it for your own sanity while you wait. You should probably stay, read and learn about the car and its ups and downs in the very informative threads that ARE here.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts