Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to what seems to be a complete lack of concern (I hope that is not the case) for those of us awaiting delivery from PDX, I thought that a Portland specific delivery thread might help us, as smart fortimo says; "see the light at the end of the tunnel."

If everyone who has gotten their car, Reserved or Orphan, from smart center Portland could post their RES#, Delivery Date, Options and perhaps a pic! It would be much appreciated by all of us assigned this dealership and still waiting for out cars.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Yellow with Black Tridion Passion Coupe -Adopted (took delivery) 4/23/08
RES# 1556 4/5/08
Comfort Package, Clock & Tach, Clear Bra, Lo-Jack, Enviroguard (paint prot.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is a Portland orphan adopted on 3/29. Red Passion Cabrio with silver tridion. Options; Comfort Package, Clear Bra, Lo-Jack, Enviroguard. I have no idea what the reservation number was, but do have a stock number of #1075. Could that be the same thing?

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wiloran...Thanks for the post. As for the stock number...Uh! I don't know. Were you a reservation holder? If so the last four digits of your reservation would be the number we are interested in. If not that's OK! Seems smart center Portland hasn't graduated to the tire and wheel packages on the Orphans to get that extra buck. Oh...Don't worry, they don't reed these posts anyway. That's why we started this thread!! Thanks Again!!!!

Post some Pics

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,554 Posts
My cabriolet is at the dealership right now getting some things done to include custom paint (BMW Merlot Red), new speakers, HD radio with bluetooth, powder coated wheels, different brake pads and rotors, "Kleen Wheel" inserts, sound dampening, splash guards, floor mats, cargo liner... Wheeeeee!!!

Reservation Date:3/30/2007
Reservation Number: 1184
Confirmation Date:10/26/2007
Delivery Date:4/24/2008 ** the "cabriolet shipment"

I don't own the car yet but will be joining in the Keizer Iris Festival parade May 17th.

Pictures when I get the car. I visited my naked car yesterday (panels are at the painter) to take some lewd photos. Fun!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Portland orphan

No, I didn't have a reservation. I (almost) feel guilty about this when so many others have been waiting for so long, but we went to the dealers just to take a look and decide if we wanted to order one. We drove home in our Orphan Annie! The opportunity was just too good to pass up.

Haven't regretted it for a minute.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I didn't have a reservation. I (almost) feel guilty about this when so many others have been waiting for so long.
I am sure that smart center Portland went through their Orphan List prior to offering you the car. There may not have been any takers. Their loss, your gain. Congratulations and Thanks to you and John H for the posts.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My cabriolet is at the dealership right now getting some things done to include custom paint (BMW Merlot Red), new speakers, HD radio with bluetooth, powder coated wheels, different brake pads and rotors, "Kleen Wheel" inserts, sound dampening, splash guards, floor mats, cargo liner... Wheeeeee!!!

Reservation Date:3/30/2007
Reservation Number: 1184
Confirmation Date:10/26/2007
Delivery Date:4/24/2008 ** the "cabriolet shipment"

I don't own the car yet but ///
John H

How can I get customization without owning the car? :D

Seriously, though... did you supply the goods to scP or did they have a dealer menu to select from?

Thanks,
Timo

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well, I'm practically speechless...

Glen at scP sez:

"Rumor has it your smart car is due to arrive in Portland within the next few days!"

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smart fortimo
After being reluctantly revived by my wife, I had to look at your last post again!! What has happened at scP...They are starting to act like a smart dealership!! Congratulations in advance!! Keep us posted!! :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Now I'm Smart

Took Delivery of my 2008 451 Smart Passion Coupe at 10:00 PM PT 1/21/08,

Here's the stats:
SMART FORTWO RESERVATION # 7195911173
CONFIRMATION: 10/3/2007
DEALER: Smart Center Portland
MODEL: Passion / Black/Silver Cell/ Red Interior
OPTIONS: Silver Cell, Floor Mats

Here are the pics:

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mikie Thanks for the post! I really like the Black and silver with the silver stock wheels, and red interior...it's a clean lookin' ride.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,554 Posts
Just getting things arranged

John H

How can I get customization without owning the car? :D

Seriously, though... did you supply the goods to scP or did they have a dealer menu to select from?

Thanks,
Timo
The customization guru at scP - Darin - has been taking care of getting my car purchase-ready. When I went to talk to the dealership back in February, I did get a 1-sheet list of items the dealership already priced out. When I thought I might be getting my car in March and some items were slow to get up and running in the US pipeline, I did buy a couple odds & ends but Darin has gotten the suppliers pretty well lined up for almost all needs.

I did put a 50% deposit on the paint but this customer is ready and raring with 3rd-party financing preapproved so there wasn't an issue with getting everything rolled up into the purchase order.

The rotors are the last piece (I did purchase these) that hit several snafus and they might be installed a few days after I get the car rather than waiting for delivery. One way or another, I should be driving this weekend.

I can't wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Res# 1205
Delivery date 4-26-08
Metalic Blue Passion Coupe with Silver Tridion
All options except the additional clock and rev counter!

I am still waiting for the all weather floor mats! If you pick up your smart on the weekend like I did, be aware that they don't have very much in stock and the floor mats are locked up in the service department! NOT OPEN ON WEEKENDS AND NO ONE HAS THE KEY! Long story short....there is a big mix-up and I need to call them a fourth time now to get them shipped! That aside I have had a wonderful first week with my smart! I drive about 15 miles to work each day and have put on 220 miles so far. Stopped in at our local gas station Saturday for gas just to see where my mileage is at. There were a couple of times I used my AC and still managed a good 38.9 mpg! I would love to post a picture but have not figured that out yet!
NOT very computer savvy!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
No Probem!! Great Post!! Little Much, and all of you who have posted PDX deliveries here: You all have helped those who have configured and are trying to determine were smart center Portland is on deliveries with respect to Reservation numbers. Many thanks to you all!!!

Res# Delivery Date
1173 1/21/08
1176 3/08/08
1184 4/24/08
1205 4/26/08
1213 5/14/08
1218 6/06/08
Orphans
1347 2/4/08 reservation remains in the system
1374 3/6/08 Cancelled reservation
1556 4/23/08 Cancelled reservation

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The light at the end of the tunnel

All,

I got the email from Glen at scPDX today, my cabrio is ready for add-ons and schedule a pick up!

So I don't know how soon they can schedule the shop to install EBC green pads and drilled rotors plus I'll get a set of each of the floor mats, but I'll also be bringing an air horn for them to install that I picked up from Griot's... I'll check with them tomorrow to see.

Ideally for me would be Monday- Amtrak Sun. morning, overnight in PDX or Beaverton and get an early start on it Monday morning. (Well, it is car salesman world, so 10 am is probably considered early.)

I'll drag the digicam with me and stop for a few pics on the road home to share.

Good news here and hope all is well where you are.
Cheers,
Timo

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Goog Luck with the delivery, Timo. Welcome to the world of driving and say good-bye to the world of waiting. :D

Suze

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Timo

Just saw the post, Great News!!! I can't wait to see the pics of those new brakes. Congratulations!!!!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts