Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Smart Center SF for my BIG 30k maintenance. For searching purposes, thats 30,000 miles. All in all, it was a good experience. It seems they have a dedicated smart service dept now, at least it felt like it. I dealt with Kelly, and she was superb to work with. She definitely went the extra mile (or 30k miles) to make sure I was happy and well served. She was very knowledgeable about the cars, and had the same office where Felipe used to work (complete with smart regalia) so I'd take it she's the dedicated smart tech. It took the morning, and the price at the end was $402. When I got my car back, I noticed they had washed it (something that had not happened on my 20k when there was no dedicated Smart service).

I was complimented as a good driver because my brake pads/shoes and tires were less worn than those of the average SF driver. I guess driving efficiently (not accelerating towards stop signs/red lights and slamming on the brakes) has other benefits than just saving gas :)

I also met up with the smart sales folks upstairs, and saw a chrome edition yellow Pure. I bumped into Bill, who's doing great, but decided to go back to selling Mercs on the bottom floor.

Definitely happy with my service this time around for Smart Center SF.

As for the car, after 30k it is still running as clean as a whistle, and is really smooth after the service. It has really held together nicely these past 3 years, and the exterior, including the rubber and plastic bits, look new despite the constant salt fog I park my smart in. The interior also still looks new, which is a testament to the build quality and the materials they chose, after my experience with my previous VW Golf. Hopefully that helps any prospective owners concerned about longevity.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea she said she had one person who needed their brake pads done after 8k. I still have a bit left. I may need to change it either by the next maintenance or a bit before. I'm probably going to get the EBC's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts