Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their last day is tomorrow. Sad to see this dealership go. I was one of their 1st customers, and had their last service appointment today. Hugo is a great tech. He'll be over at the San Francisco dealership for a couple months, then moving over to Audi in Concord. The service advisor, Kelly, will follow too.

Audi in Concord and smart walnut creek are both owned by mercedes of SF. Because of this, Hugo will still be able to work on smart cars. They cannot do warranty work, but will still be open for other services.

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,974 Posts
Their last day is tomorrow. Sad to see this dealership go. I was one of their 1st customers, and had their last service appointment today. Hugo is a great tech. He'll be over at the San Francisco dealership for a couple months, then moving over to Audi in Concord. The service advisor, Kelly, will follow too.

Audi in Concord and smart walnut creek are both owned by mercedes of SF. Because of this, Hugo will still be able to work on smart cars. They cannot do warranty work, but will still be open for other services.
Thanks for the imfo, sad to see them go ... :cry:

Hugo is the best ..:yelclap:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I really like Kelly - she helped me a lot when she was working at the S.F. location, before she moved to Walnut Creek. Guess I don't have to flip a coin about which dealer to visit next time...

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a sad. I was their first customer in Dec 2008. I saw the yellow bumble-bee Cabriolet in their show room while driving down main street -did and u-turn and bought it. They didn't have phone lines set up yet and were still moving in! Since then I had the software upgraded and a major warranty repair don't by them and loved their service department. I'll miss them.

I also found out that Smart will be showing their Electric Smart but in San Francisco next week! I don't know if I'll drive all the way out there to see it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hugo and Kelly, I'll be seeing you guys at Audi Concord! :)

Thanks again for taking care of my lil guy and for all the stories!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont quite have the words to express my gratitude and appreciation to Terry and all the wonderful customers and friends we made at Walnut Creek Smart. I hope to see you guys in San Francisco very soon, if not we should be opening Audi of Concord in October. I wish you guys the best and thank you for all your support. Terry once again thank you for everything.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, thank YOU! :) Sorry I missed you last friday, but I hope Kelly passed on my little token of appreciation :) Or did she have fun with it all by herself? :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
I received the email from Smart HQ AFTER I had already been informed by the dealership when I stopped by on Thursday night. (Hi Tbone) According to Smart corporate there are three "convenient" dealerships to serve me. One in Sacramento 70 miles and a bridge toll away, Smart SF 30 miles and a more expensive bridge toll, or Stevens creek 60 miles away and heavy traffic. I sure will miss the 8 miles to Walnut Creek even though the car hasn't needed any service in a long time.

I mentioned this to Hq and asked why they can't work a maintenance agreement out with WC Mercedes and this is their response:

Dear smart Enthusiast,

Thank you for your interest in smart USA. We apologize for the inconvenience yet smart center Walnut Creek made a business desion (their typo not mine) to end their business with smart USA.

Not all Mercedes Benz facilities are equipped to service the smart fortwo. The smart fortwo is not a Mercedes Benz vehicle, yet it is a part of the Mercedes Benz car group.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us via email or by phone at 1.800.smartUSA.

Jamie Thompson
Customer Service

Oh well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I got the package from kelly thank you very much. Too bad you couldnt meet up with us at Masse's. We were pretty impressed with all the support and affection we got from our customers this week. I can't wait to return the favor when we get back into town.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was tempted, but gave it to Hugo!! Thank you for your support! Thank you for mine, saving for a special occasion, love the Kimono cover! Sooooo cute! See you soon. Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hugo has seen my car transform...

From this, brand new:

Hugo installed the 1st set of Brabus foglights in the US!!

To this:

Hugo installed my brabus steering wheel

Whatever European mod I tried to fit, and couldn't make work, Hugo made work. His patience, technical knowledge/skills, and love for cars made this a great ride :cheers:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was tempted, but gave it to Hugo!! Thank you for your support! Thank you for mine, saving for a special occasion, love the Kimono cover! Sooooo cute! See you soon. Thank you :)
Heya Kelly! You're on the forum, too! I will definitely see the both of you soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry I never *made* the effort to stop by & meet the members of SC Walnut Creek. I just thought they would be there for ever. sounds like they were/are loved very much by lots of people... :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I met Ron in sales (who had been at the Walnut Creek store) and Kelly who is back in San Francisco, also from the Walnut Creek store while at the San Francisco smart center. They're both really great folks, and I'm very happy to report that they're still in the family and have "landed on their feet"!

I was at the smartcenter in San Francisco today for the latest transmission software patch (not the 2.0 update - this one's out only 3 weeks according to the service advisor) and to have my transmission oil replaced with new, clean oil (per the advice of Larry "Mad Cow" Wu and others on this forum). Oh, and also to have my fog lights activated - woo hoo! Put 'em in myself per the instructions on this and evilution's site. Only took me an hour to take off the panels, attach the fogs and put it back together again. Much better than my previous 3+ hour experience.

2 Posts
We are also sad to hear of the Walnut Creek store closing. We need more Smart lovers like you so things like that don't happen! I know we are not as close as the Walnut Creek dealership to some of you but we will do our best to take care of you just like they did. We have recently gotten on Facebook and Twitter, come be a fan/follow us!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I received the email from Smart HQ AFTER I had already been informed by the dealership when I stopped by on Thursday night. (Hi Tbone) According to Smart corporate there are three "convenient" dealerships to serve me. One in Sacramento 70 miles and a bridge toll away, Smart SF 30 miles and a more expensive bridge toll, or Stevens creek 60 miles away and heavy traffic. I sure will miss the 8 miles to Walnut Creek even though the car hasn't needed any service in a long time.

I mentioned this to Hq and asked why they can't work a maintenance agreement out with WC Mercedes and this is their response:

Dear smart Enthusiast,

Thank you for your interest in smart USA. We apologize for the inconvenience yet smart center Walnut Creek made a business desion (their typo not mine) to end their business with smart USA.

Not all Mercedes Benz facilities are equipped to service the smart fortwo. The smart fortwo is not a Mercedes Benz vehicle, yet it is a part of the Mercedes Benz car group.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us via email or by phone at 1.800.smartUSA.

Jamie Thompson
Customer Service

Oh well.
of course you have more choices, you could consider an independent repair shop like:

Smart Motorwerke
1531 Second Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94597

Smart Motorwerke - Home

OR

Germany's Best
5291 College Avenue
Oakland, CA 91618
510-658-8948

Germany's Best Auto | Repair for European Cars

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reviving this old thread, Any one have a Smart Center Walnut Creek dealer plate frame? I would love to find on for my 09 Brabus that came from there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts