Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inventory is LARGE. HUGE. :D 115 smart gas and electric, coupes, cabriolets, *everything* just about is in stock. Color and interior combinations, it's likely at smart center West Covina.

Be sure to contact 626-430-3700 for information if there's a smart you are having trouble acquiring for yourself or a friend. Shipping, delivery may be possible depending on your situation.

·
Banned
682 Posts
The inventory is LARGE. HUGE. :D 115 smart gas and electric, coupes, cabriolets, *everything* just about is in stock. Color and interior combinations, it's likely at smart center West Covina.

Be sure to contact 626-430-3700 for information if there's a smart you are having trouble acquiring for yourself or a friend. Shipping, delivery may be possible depending on your situation.
Any large discounts..."trunk money"...rebates...or other price incentives available at this time?

Additionally...do you have extra fee's such as DOC fee's...and if so...how much are they?

115 Smart's on the ground is a very nice selection...and if your offering big discounts...that should attract buyers!
:D

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Free advertisement there.
You are very hard to please and seem to have fallen out of love with smart and moved on the Fiat? :rolleyes:

If a smart Center (West Covina) is willing to commit to "flooring" an inventory of 115 smarts they are making a commitment to THE BRAND that most Centers won't make? Especially as the life cycle is ending for the current generation (451).

:yelclap: I applaud smart Center West Covina for being a leader with 115 cars/20 pages from which to choose, hope they sell them all! :bigthumbup:

Compare that to your local Center or mine which has only 16 smarts/3 pages to choose from and NONE in the showroom.

For comparison, the Fiat Studio only 8 miles away has 124 Fiats in inventory including 12 Abarths at a discount of $3,000 . . .

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
You are very hard to please and seem to have fallen out of love with smart and moved on the Fiat? :rolleyes:

If a smart Center (West Covina) is willing to commit to "flooring" an inventory of 115 smarts they are making a commitment to THE BRAND that most Centers won't make? Especially as the life cycle is ending for the current generation (451).

:yelclap: I applaud smart Center West Covina for being a leader with 115 cars/20 pages from which to choose, hope they sell them all! :bigthumbup:

Compare that to your local Center or mine which has only 16 smarts/3 pages to choose from and NONE in the showroom.

For comparison, the Fiat Studio only 8 miles away has 124 Fiats in inventory including 12 Abarths at a discount of $3,000 . . .

Our smart dealership hosted a National smart event here. At the most they have 4-7 smarts in stock. 3K discount for a Abarth, is nothing. I mention here in town discounts of up to 8k here, on Abarths. Having left over 115 units in stock. There should be some big discounts on those smart cars. Actual I own a smart, and a Fiat, so I have room to talk.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I lobbied for the cars and the inventory, we got them. Now I just have to make sure I deliver and prove that the brand is worth the investment. Will there be discounts? Absolutely.

Can I disclose them all here on a public message board? No, because I'd have to have the advertising approved and all the legalese approved as well. No thanks. Just know, we have the cars, we'll have the discounts, just need the showroom visitors.

We're here to say YES to potential buyers.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Here's the problem, Kamaal... You lobbied for all these cars and if your sales pitches are anything like your irritating and arrogant rants you go into most of the time here on SCoA... I would cut and run in a heartbeat off your lot...
Good luck...:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stevenvillatoro said:
Why do smart dealers with large inventories fail to order the very handsome Crystal Gray interior with more frequency?

For example, a white Passion with Crystal Gray – my favorite combo – is impossible to find.

Good question. There are a few reasons you may have had difficulty locating the crystal grey leather package.

• It was a limited edition interior, and only available for a limited time
  • It costs extra, and because of the extra cost it was likely to sell in lower numbers
  • We still had numerous smart cars with the crystal grey leather interiors. I actually still remember by name and face at least 3 of our customers with the crystal grey leather interiors. One of the SoCal Smarties members purchased a white passion with the crystal grey leather interior that you mentioned.
Barney O said:
Here's the problem, Kamaal... You lobbied for all these cars and if your sales pitches are anything like your irritating and arrogant rants you go into most of the time here on SCoA... I would cut and run in a heartbeat off your lot...
Good luck...

Sorry you feel that way. I wish I could please everybody. :crying:

·
17,345 Posts
If Kamaal's YouTube videos are any indication of how he sells his vehicles, I'd buy out the entire lot!

The last time I've seen any salesperson/brand manager as excited about smart as Kamaal was back in 2008.

Nowadays, if you walk into most smart centres, either you get ignored, or you deal with someone who doesn't know very much about the car and is only there because they need a job.

I miss the days when you walked into a smart centre and you were greeted by someone who appeared to have had 15 expressos and didn't just tell you how great smarts are, but showed you. Mr. Alan Janka is part responsible for why I liked smarts to begin with. Visiting a smart centre in the early days was an experience like no other.

And that's why I like Kamaal's crazyness, because he's maintaining that magic of the early smart days.

Whatever he does on the forums here, well is whatever he does here. I have no complaints really...He isn't nearly as bad as mmmeat, Critical Thinker, fuel pump Larry, DeepBlueQ, or any iteration of SpacePod/NukleoN. :)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
If Kamaal's YouTube videos are any indication of how he sells his vehicles, I'd buy out the entire lot!

The last time I've seen any salesperson/brand manager as excited about smart as Kamaal was back in 2008.

Nowadays, if you walk into most smart centres, either you get ignored, or you deal with someone who doesn't know very much about the car and is only there because they need a job.

I miss the days when you walked into a smart centre and you were greeted by someone who appeared to have had 15 expressos and didn't just tell you how great smarts are, but showed you. Mr. Alan Janka is part responsible for why I liked smarts to begin with. Visiting a smart centre in the early days was an experience like no other.

And that's why I like Kamaal's crazyness, because he's maintaining that magic of the early smart days.

Whatever he does on the forums here, well is whatever he does here. I have no complaints really...He isn't nearly as bad as mmmeat, Critical Thinker, fuel pump Larry, DeepBlueQ, or any iteration of SpacePod/NukleoN. :)

They got enough cars on hand to call it a Central Area Distribution Hub...!!!

·
17,345 Posts
No doubt! :eek:

My nearest dealership is still sitting on two 2012s with delivery mileage.

It comes to no surprise to me really. 2012 was a really short model year and they aren't discounting those two remaining 2012s or the 2013s. Why get a brand new two or one year old car for the same price as the newest 2014?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought from Kamaal (and Clarence) and guys, he is the real deal. I was in sales for a long time and Kamaal is not pushy, dishonest or shady by any degree of imagination. I was looking at IQ's, Fit's and a Yaris. Kamaal was the only guy who was enthusiastic about his product, the only one who knew his product and he did not bulls*** me.
One thing I absolutely can not stand, and that is being lied to and he never gave me any indication what so ever that he was BS'ing me.

If I had the money, I would buy an ED from him right now to supplement my ICE..and my car is only like 6 to 7 months old.

I can also say, the "ranting" Kamaal some of you perceive on the internet is wrong... I mean to say, your perceptions are wrong. Everything he has said, I take it with his personality, voice and knowledge...and you know what, he's right on the money. He is not abrasive, he is not pushy, he does not act like a know it all, but he will defend his position, just like you guys do.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I am picky as hell when it comes to friends, but Kamaal is one of those guys I could easily hang out with and have a strong sense of trust.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Quote:
I can also say, the "ranting" Kamaal some of you perceive on the internet is wrong... I mean to say, your perceptions are wrong. Everything he has said, I take it with his personality, voice and knowledge...and you know what, he's right on the money. He is not abrasive, he is not pushy, he does not act like a know it all, but he will defend his position, just like you guys do.

Seem to recall a recent thread where an OP had a really bad day... The guy had replaced his motor sometime back and now lost the serpentine drive belt... This guy was so disappointed that he was ready to get rid of the smart... What does Kamaal do??? jumps all over his case... Find that rather abrasive and mostly came on like a know it all...
I met Kamaal at the Colorado rally and talked with him, seemed like a great guy... We even talked about some of the antics and felt like he was going to tone it down a bit on the forum... Guess not...:(
Glad to hear he's a good salesperson...:)

·
17,345 Posts
Yeah...that thread went downhill fast...as well as the off-topic debate between him and Jetfuel... :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts