Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote yesterday to make an appt. for our 30K mi maint (we are actually at 23K but its is time for the 3-yr) and to have the smart Drive cradle installed and get the tip of the blinker stalk...

They'll do the service but won't install parts anymore. This is their new e-mail signature:

FIAT Service
Rick Case FIAT
3500 Weston Rd
Davie, FL 33331​

So we are now two-time orphans. Our original dealer, smart Center Coral Gables... gone. Our backup, smart Center Weston... gone.

This particular smart Center Weston was purpose-built adjacent to a Honda/Hyundai dealership. The service bays were narrower than for normal cars. I wonder if they can recycle them for Fiats.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I too have lost my dealer in Denver. With no indication from Jill of a replacement.

But hey it sure is a fun car to drive!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gentleman at the now no-longer smart Center Weston has just advised me that
"I noticed you have a prepaid service plan. In that case unfortunately, only Smart dealers will be able to honor that."
So anyone out there with prepaid maintenance or warranty contracts, beware.

·
Super Moderator
28,463 Posts
The silence is deafening! Come on MB, step up to the plate and tell us what's going on!
Mentioned numerous times, but M-B USA is not in charge until July 1st and there are legal implications involved that will keep them quiet until that date (based on info so far.) smart USA (PAG) has been posting news of dealer changes on smartUSAinsider.com as the the changes become effective. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts