Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only a matter of time. A unnamed dealership in the NW USA is offering to have the colored panels exchanged out twice a year starting March 08. Who else would go for this?

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
309 Posts
It was only a matter of time. A unnamed dealership in the NW USA is offering to have the colored panels exchanged out twice a year starting March 08. Who else would go for this?

Aaron Lephart

no charges?

so, he would exchange used for used, both in good condition?
being flexible, the panels should clean up pretty well for the exchange.

sounds like an interesting program. no real cost, as hes taking in used ones, and he's putting used ones on outgoing.

no fees or service charges?

another good idea:

have monthly 2 hour maintenance orientation classes for new smart owners.

covering how to change the oil, lubrication points around the car, where to buy the filters, brake pads, other parts, some basic install instrucitions on typical repairs or service, etc. , ... ie, to help people not fear, having a vehicle that autozone and other parts places wont have parts for another year or two, and other service and repair unknows versus standard usa vehicles.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

Aaron Lephart

I like the idea. I worry how well the connection will hold up. That is, do things wear with each attachment? Will the panels get loose eventually?
It'd be cool to have a different color car without paying anything. hehehe :)

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
It'd be cool to have a different color car without paying anything. hehehe :)
Somewhere in the "back stuff," either here or elsewhere, was a comment about having the car registered based on tridion color so panels could be changed/mixed without having to change the legal description of the car.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Good Point, Fish

Somewhere in the "back stuff," either here or elsewhere, was a comment about having the car registered based on tridion color so panels could be changed/mixed without having to change the legal description of the car.
In NY, color matters....especially if you are pulled over by a NYS Trooper and he is looking at a blue car and it is red or some other color on the registration....:eek:
If the Smart car gets to be as popular as those on this board would suggest, we're going to have to get clever with anti-theft devices to keep the crooks honest or try to anyway. It would be too easy just to change colors and change the identity of the car. A better way of personalizing your car will have to be thought of...like quick disconnect wheels for example.....:eek::D

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was a yet to be determined cost associated with this color exchange program. And it has to be dealership installed.

I would love to see helpful owner involved classes but do not think it will happen. Reminds me of when they first came out with Saturns I sat in on a oil change clinic when the SC2's came out. Cool experience! After seeing a couple drain plugs stipped, parking brakes left on while road testing and various other things I would prefer the general public take the cars in for service!

Aaron Lephart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts