• Meet just to cruise

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is in response to the Mid Atlantic Wide meet in greet in Chesterfield, VA. I am seeing that there are some who are interested in a convoy to this thing, and frankly i am too, but since it begins at 9.00 am why not meet at a central location on route to the event. That and get a little breakfast before heading out there. Here is the plan, anybody up for meeting at the Bob Evans resturaunt in lovely Springfield, VA which is at

6310 Augusta Dr
Springfeild VA 22150

you can see it cleary off I-95

their website is of coruse www.bobevans.com if you like to see a menu to get an idea of $$$. Meet time id be up for 7.00 am and then book it to the event from there. If you would let me know via email or respond to this thread. I think a convy of Smarts would give something the truckers who travel that stretch something to buzz about.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like the idea of convoy, not really into the breakfast,
but we certainly can meet there!
What time do you want to leave there?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8.00 am be a good time to leave from there. i was thinking breakfast as i had not eaten there in ages. The 7.00 time was just for anyone interested in something for the body before the drive.

I like the idea of convoy, not really into the breakfast,
but we certainly can meet there!
What time do you want to leave there?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to submit a poll so i can get an idea of how large a table to resserve and how many to expect. Please reply to this or vote soon

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Had thoughts of merging with you around the I-95 S, I-64 E split. With you leaving at 8:am, you would not be in the Richmond area until 9:30. With this kicking off at 9:00, we are meeting with the folks from the Beach and leaving the Richmond area around 8:30. We will be anxiously waiting your arrival with cameras in tow. Be safe.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be a great time. I am hoping to have a few takers for the convoy myself. Besides, i love a good road trip. Tell you what, hit me up an email and see when we can intertwine.

Had thoughts of merging with you around the I-95 S, I-64 E split. With you leaving at 8:am, you would not be in the Richmond area until 9:30. With this kicking off at 9:00, we are meeting with the folks from the Beach and leaving the Richmond area around 8:30. We will be anxiously waiting your arrival with cameras in tow. Be safe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok...I will be there.

I'm still afraid to drive far :( but a convoy is good...I can hide between the other smarties:burnout:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great now we have at least three Smarties.
I'm looking forward to it!
Hoping the weather is decent, but it may be raining on us.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah kooky. if there be any other takers, like to know who we have up for the cruise. I did contact WMeeks and he is very interested in intersceting with our group. If the weather does get nasty, then that is fine, it is the idea of a road trip that makes it all worth it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maybe we can meet with the other groups in Richmond (or some other place down there) and ride together to the final destination?

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Under the original thread, I posted: "To my count, 5 are coming from the "north" and 3 are coming from the "east". 3 are from the Richmond area. The site to meet the ones from the Beach is the Cracker Barrel, I-64, Exit 195, Laburnum Avenue and leave after 8:30. I will suggest for us to stop off at I-95, Exit 64, Willis Road, across the street from the McDonalds and wait for the ones from the "north" to join up. Mickey "D's" parking lot is small for that time of day. I can call "gstreetcomic" when we arrive to let him know we are waiting. Once you are at Exit 67, we could leave and merge on I-95 South. The next exit is Exit 62 where we will be getting off of I-95. We should be together then and arrive in style."
As always, "Maintain Absolute Rigid Flexibility".

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am all for that . So far i have four comfirmed Smarts in my group. If there are any others, let me know either by the thread or message. I do agree it be very cool to all arrive at the same time.

Under the original thread, I posted: "To my count, 5 are coming from the "north" and 3 are coming from the "east". 3 are from the Richmond area. The site to meet the ones from the Beach is the Cracker Barrel, I-64, Exit 195, Laburnum Avenue and leave after 8:30. I will suggest for us to stop off at I-95, Exit 64, Willis Road, across the street from the McDonalds and wait for the ones from the "north" to join up. Mickey "D's" parking lot is small for that time of day. I can call "gstreetcomic" when we arrive to let him know we are waiting. Once you are at Exit 67, we could leave and merge on I-95 South. The next exit is Exit 62 where we will be getting off of I-95. We should be together then and arrive in style."
As always, "Maintain Absolute Rigid Flexibility".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts