Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just had a cowboy themed party, thanks to Annie and Scabbers opening up there house, lots of smarties turned up, with almost everybody wearing cowboy outfits.
The food was great with a few new members turning up as well, we had a Bull Roping cometition out in the back garden, the chickens were'nt too happy though.
Here is a link to the photobucket album, go and have a laugh at the stupid cowboy antics.
Ellis

Annie and Scabbers Party pictures by elliskennedy - Photobucket

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somehow I can't picture English people in cowboy outfits. Yee haw!
Everybody else there was English, but I am Scottish and I am a member of The Western Equestrian Society, and am used to wearing cowboy gear, hell, I'm probably a bigger cowboy than you guys over there,
Yeeeeeeeeh Haaaaawwww, spit, ding!

Here is a piccy of me on my highland Pony, Hamish, at a Western Performance competition

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What! No pictures of the cars, outrageous!!!!!!
I know, but my wife was taking the pictures as I was organising the Bull Roping Competition, and she is'nt a car geek at all, so did'nt bother with the smart cars parked up outside, sorry, will try harder next time :p

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I went to a 50's themed American car show in Luxembourg one time, I got the impression they felt stupid as a whole for dressing up as 50's era Americans. This was about 15 years ago though - quite sure times have changed. While I wasn't wearing a big red, white & blue flag attached to me, my car had USA plates - a restored '67 Mustang - at the time the nicest '67 - '68 Mustang in Europe (documented).

That being said, I've been to other shows over there with similar themes and everyone was OK. :) Heck, I even went to England for July 4th once. I didn't think they had a July 4th there, could of sworn they went from the 3rd to the 5th. (that was a sour attempt at humor for those without a sense of it :))

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
...Ellis..I think it will be fitting for you to ride looking something like this...

jetfuel

Not bad, for a modern American concept of a medieval Scot, as portrayed by an Aussie...
("It's a small world" playing in the background...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts