Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUMMERLAND, Calif. - A driver miraculously walked away uninjured after a car crash into a light pole.

The Smart Car crash happened around 8:30 a.m. Monday in front of the Summerland Winery on Lillie Avenue in Summerland.

The air bag was deployed, which may have helped prevent any serious injuries. No one else was hurt.

There is no word yet what caused the accident.

Source

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
SUMMERLAND, Calif. - A driver miraculously walked away uninjured after a car crash into a light pole.

The Smart Car crash happened around 8:30 a.m. Monday in front of the Summerland Winery on Lillie Avenue in Summerland.

The air bag was deployed, which may have helped prevent any serious injuries. No one else was hurt.

There is no word yet what caused the accident.

Source
How in the Hell could a Light Pole step out in front his Smart...?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just can't stand it. The comment I replied to hit it right on the head. That article never would have said Ford Focus, Honda Civic, etc, etc... It just HAD to say Smart...

A miracle would have occurred had an accident article been about a Smart without mentioning the make or model in the headline.

·
Registered
465 Posts
TV news! What do you expect.

I think Smart gets mentioned for 2 reasons:

1) iT'S small. They don't understand it. So they expect it to crack like an egg if you bump a tire with the push mower.

2) They can at least recognize it! Most cars and SUVs these days look so similar you have to look for the nameplate to tell what it is. Hard to tell a Kia from a Beamer. The car companies all copy each other like clones. Original ideas are hard to find. BORING!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts