Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like Jeeps! Can I change my reservation? South Beach here I come! :)

Seriously, this is only a show car. A prototype. Even if it were real, PAG wouldn't import it until they were sure of X number of smart sales. Historically, the US rarely sees many of the interesting small cars that Europe takes for granted. :(

Still, we can dream....

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Ugg Smart- vrs - Mil Jeep.

Thats an ugly car... But a nice old Mil-Jeep.

Had a 1946 CJ-2. Loved the sound of all the machinery going around when you drove it.

A2Jack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Crosstown Love

I love the crosstown and would hold out on the fortwo purchase if i knew the crosstown was going to be released......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the crosstown and would hold out on the fortwo purchase if i knew the crosstown was going to be released......
Here, here!
I saw this after some searching last night. I'd like to know what the rear cargo space is like, and would consider this even over the fortwo. More possibilities with this...especially if they released it in a diesel... then I could fill up on biodiesel! : )

·
17,436 Posts
Have you seen the NAFA concept or the formore jedi?

Like pokemon, I want them all! Even concepts...

Here you go: MB NAFA (basically the 1st smart)

And the smart formore (it was supposed to be USA's smart):

·
17,436 Posts
There were about 28 formores ever built. smart crushed (and I mean literally) all 26 test mules. There are only 2 formores left in the world, both of reside in a garage in MB World. (most likely, seeing how all the other priceless vehicles in the photos are MBs)

One of the two was a concept (the one with orange windows) and the other was the production version (the black one next to it). Neither made it to auto shows so very few people have seen them in person.

They axed it because during the time (2005) smart couldn't afford to continue R&D. So there those two cars sit. They're just sitting there gathering dust.

They were based on the GLK platform.

I'd buy both of them in a heartbeat. Sure they aren't small like true smarts but they appear to have a lot of that smart character.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
I actually hadnt seen either of those, but remember the ForMore. I though the drawing of the Formore was bigger tho...

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I recall seeing pictures or drawings of a 4WD smart that also was never built. I was watching to see if it ever got built but never heard anything more about smart until just before I bought mine.

·
17,436 Posts
When smart mothballed the formore (4WD based on the GLK) they dropped it off the map. They secretly destroyed every test mule and stored the remaining two.

Apparently in 2008 someone happened to be walking around in that garage and the chicken-head caught their eye.

Just imagine all of the lost MB concepts that may lay in that garage. Cars just discreetly thrown away because they were too embarrassed to say they dun' goof'd.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts